Man of the match & scores Blackburn (A)

43 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I've calmed down now .......

Thanks to Messrs Johnny & Walker (not Jack)WTF:

Well I was going to have a night off the booze, but as soon as the kids are in bed the Jim Beam is coming out now

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

There was nothing wrong with his positioning.

Some proper 10 bob goalkeeping critics on here who probably think he should be stood on his line

Laws though there was. 

Monk thought there was. 

Swings and roundabouts though.

His other saves undoubtedly us in the game.

I don't think we were as bad as some are making out. We should have taken the 3 points, nobody would complain much if we did. Their first goal was bad from our point of view, the second could have gone anywhere.

Disturbing aspects I worry about as mentioned above the lack of threat from corners and set plays generally. We seem toothless compared to a lot of teams. The other is our inability to see out games, ok if you are defending a one goal lead tor 60 minutes you can get caught out but we don't know how to see out the last 10 minutes of games. Slow everything down, get cheap throw ins and corners, take the ball into the corner, go down injured to break up the rhythm of the game, pass around the defenderds and keeper. What I call just taking the p1ss. Other teams do it, we get drawn into end to end stuff when it's the last thing we need.

I hope Monk realises how naive we are and does something about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Westwood - 9. a bright light in a sea of pedestrian mediocrity 

Palmer - 3. Absolutely stunk the place out. Didn’t block a single cross all day. Looked like he was auditioning for a John Smiths advert.

Iorfa - 7. Good enough but loose in possession too often.

Börner - 8. Standard performance. Made of concrete

Fox - 7. Solid, got forward well. Used the ball pretty well too

Reach - 4. Nowt came off and gave up trying 

Pelupessy - 4. Can’t believe someone had the audacity to ask him about a new contract in midweek. Forget the corners. The rest of his performance was poo

Hutch - 6. Did fine, but no need for him and Joey the Kangaroo

Lee - 7. Thought he actually played well. Passed the ball positively, worked the angles well. So much more comfortable in a 2

Harris - 6. Toiled mainly in vain

Fletcher - 7. Hold up play was very good. But dealing with skyrockets from Hezbollah for most of the game.

Thought Monk got the team selection wrong but then made the right changes to sort it out.

In the end we got what we deserved. Zero. They should have had a penalty too. 

Now...can we stop all the ‘drop Bannan’ and ‘get Bannan off set pieces’ nonsense?

...if you'll stop writing stuff like 'stunk the place out'. Take a lesson in good humour from other supporters (footie and rugby).  

Thank god I've got some Dragon's Milk in the fridge. Felt Westwood's positioning was all wrong for the first goal but Iorfa and Nuhiu conspired against him allowing their tallest player a free header behind their backs! I'd give man of match to Fletcher. Worst player I've ever seen award and for showing up wearing clogs goes to Pelupessy.

Edited by bobbobbins
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

Westwood for me today, just.

Westwood 7

Palmer 4 

Iorfa 6 

Borner 6

Fox 6 

Hutch 4 

Joey 4 

Lee 6