Supertram service suspended for Leeds game

5 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I thought they set up a system where you cant get on board the tram without paying first after games?

I normally go for a drink after games to let the crowd go a bit first.

They have. Works well tbf. Other than the crowds that gather at the tram spot where trouble usually occurs as Wednesday fans heading down past the park walk past the away fans waiting for the tram. 

so lets get this right we have allowed 4500 nutters  to come ,there that bad supertram don't want 10000 of pounds worth of damage doing , yet we have teams like qpr ,wigan who fetch 400 and we have a ring of steel put round the ground. what idiots  are running things? south Yorkshire police/sag think there is a crowd disturbance risk when we play qpr? yet its ok for 4500 idiots to come who are as bad as the pigs what caused the problems this season where we have the crazy restrictions. 

6 hours ago, Minton said:

Because the minority of fans can't behave like reasonable people. There is only one group to be blamed for this; The moronic tails who smash up trams, busses and other fans. They're tolerated far too much, I've yet to see any of these kind of issues with rugby or cricket fans, so why should their brand of bullshit be tolerated by anyone? 

the thing with leeds it aint a minority , at least a quarter of there lot want to smash everything and anyone up ,they are pure scum for a reason . if the league wernt so inept they would have in past banned leeds for a few away games to teach them a lesson and then maybe there decent supporters would self police there support as they wouldn't want to miss going to there away games . 

• Like 1

Hmm, on the one hand I’m understanding that we really don’t need more trams smashed up because of a minority of morons (both Leeds and Wednesday) always end up causing damage to a public service.

On the other hand, it’s a shame that once again it’s the vast majority of normal, law-abiding types that end up having to jump through hoops because a small minority cannot go 2 hours without behaving like tw*ts.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am sure Supertrams could be police better for this game.
Have a couple of coppers on each tram.

The trams would be packed. Any Police on board for a start wouldn’t be able to see-never mind move- to sort any trouble out unless it was happening directly next to them. 

There’s a large element of Leeds fans who seem intent on causing trouble no matter what. They seem to sing that ‘Marching On Together’ song and start behaving like animals, each one attempting to prove how ‘Leeds’ they are by smashing something.  I’ve always found them worse than Blades myself.

The next thing someone gets hurt on the tram or a window gets smashed again, and everyone’s slating SYP as ‘there were coppers on board and it still happened!not fit for purpose etc etc and Stagecoach get it in the neck for putting ‘profits before safety’ etc etc it’s just not worth it in my opinion.

I'm sure that Stagecoach will be under some sort of service level agreement which obliges them to run public transport at certain times.

Yet again, despite a possible breach of contract, it's two fingers up to the residents and businesses (and fans).

Sure, the trams got wrecked last year but how many arrests were made and how many criminals were punished? Not many I bet. And how much compensation was recovered as a result? Again, not a lot, I reckon.

So, get the police and the service providers working together to solve the problem instead of policing just the compliant parts of society to which all reasonable people belong. That's what they are paid to do.

• Like 1

So Sheffield Supertram are happy to lose a day taking because of a few hundred morons from Dirty Leeds. 

OR SYP could do their job - Leeds fans coming in from the train station are put on buses to the stadium and the tram does not stop at the train station stop.

But instead lets take the whole network down for the day. This has Dores and Mothersole written all over this. What is happening to our once great city we have become flakes.

I do hope the same level of OTT is taken the next rally held in the city centre about the climate, or the post office worker pension or anything where there could be any civil unrest. As it would be very very bad publicity for SYP, SCC and Supertram if these actions have been taken out of spite as SCC have had such good publicity country and world wide with how expertly they dealt with chopping down health trees.

All trams have multiple CCTVs on them. So unless every single CCTV on the tram was smashed last year, the culprits shouldn't have been that hard to find. 

Anybody aware of any arrests, or did SYP sit scratching their backsides regarding that one too?

What is not on, is blaming Wednesday for not 'policing' fans away from the ground.

They have just used the club as an excuse.

Although it was a stagecoach decision the police are in agreement....and no doubt the council are.

Though I suspect if a few hippies sat on a tram roof and stopped people getting to work the council would give them keys to the city.

W@nkers full weight.

8 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

I'm sure that Stagecoach will be under some sort of service level agreement which obliges them to run public transport at certain times.

Yet again, despite a possible breach of contract, it's two fingers up to the residents and businesses (and fans).

Sure, the trams got wrecked last year but how many arrests were made and how many criminals were punished? Not many I bet. And how much compensation was recovered as a result? Again, not a lot, I reckon.

So, get the police and the service providers working together to solve the problem instead of policing just the compliant parts of society to which all reasonable people belong. That's what they are paid to do.

Would be easy for buses to get suspended if the drivers thought they were at risk.