Supertram service suspended for Leeds game

7 minutes ago, vulva said:

I’ve been on these trams from town with Leeds fans, and I don’t blame the authorities for stopping them. Absolute scruffs. It does beg the question though on how all this lot will get from town to the ground. 

Particularly when a retro style ambush is sprung by the Dogs:tango:...joking of course. UTO.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Stagecoach along with the council and SYP can get in the bin. The majority of fans / commuters use the tram system without kicking the windows out. So why are Sheffield folk being punished? 

Because the minority of fans can't behave like reasonable people. There is only one group to be blamed for this; The moronic tails who smash up trams, busses and other fans. They're tolerated far too much, I've yet to see any of these kind of issues with rugby or cricket fans, so why should their brand of bullshit be tolerated by anyone? 

15 minutes ago, VBQ24 said:

Like most things in Sheffield this is an embarrassment. 

After Man City games they have loads of trams lined up waiting to take people away from the ground as quickly as possible. 

Have any of them been smashed up like the ones last year when we played these scum?

11 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Football is dead. Fans treated like criminals. Corrupt authorities. Absolute poo. 

You're either ALL IN, with the lifestyle required to pay a reasonable price as a season ticket holder.

Or you're subjected to price fluctuations depending on form. People aren't daft though, £46 to sit next to someone who's paid £23

We're all Wednesday aren't we? Walk up fans are treated as though we're not.

4 hours ago, vulva said:

I’ve been on these trams from town with Leeds fans, and I don’t blame the authorities for stopping them. Absolute scruffs. It does beg the question though on how all this lot will get from town to the ground. 

I'm pretty sure after the game last year because the trams had been taken out of service the police had to walk them back to the station - either do that or put them on special buses. I agree it's a pain the arse that Sheffielders are being punished for the actions of those idiots, the inconvenience needs to be passed onto L**ds fans until they learn how to behave.

8 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am sure Supertrams could be police better for this game.
Have a couple of coppers on each tram.

You've not been on an after match tram have you. Nobody can move, the conductor can't take the fares, you are trapped in position till you get to Commercial Street.

1 hour ago, mark1948 said:

You've not been on an after match tram have you. Nobody can move, the conductor can't take the fares, you are trapped in position till you get to Commercial Street.

I thought they set up a system where you cant get on board the tram without paying first after games?

I normally go for a drink after games to let the crowd go a bit first.

54 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

2 Leeds fans at work, normal fans, not trouble makers are coming by train.

Expensive taxi and long walk back after,  where of course there will be no opportunities for trouble.

No sympathy. They should police their own morons. Loads of spotty kids smashing a tram up. 1982 wants its football fans back. Leeds Utd are the Life on Mars of football clubs. No longer relevant. 

• Like 1