Supertram service suspended for Leeds game

23 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

Don’t think it’s us that’s getting the blame here. Think this is well and truly aimed at Leeds. However, maybe, just maybe, if the police did their jobs properly then normal people could go about their business. Do they think not running teams will stop the Leeds fans being wee pipe heads. No, it merely gives someone else. Ie the bus drivers the problem.

1 hour ago, Castleford Owl said:

The way I read it, Stagecoach have proposed that we reduce away tickets, to which the police probably agreed, and Wednesday disagreed. As a result of us disagreeing, services have been suspended. 

That's how I read it too. Therefore as we have not allowed a transportation company to tell us how to conduct our business they are withdrawing their services! 

Surely if the police wanted a reduced away allocation they can demand it - sounds like they want Stagecoach to do their work for them!

What allocation have Leeds been given by the way? 

Edited by Ever the pessimist

seems like utter overkill to me. Seems like 1 incident has caused a whole bunch of procedures. I'm guessing that the council will follow through in all areas of Sheffield and close all roads in the city centre next time there is a bit of fisty cuffs on west street, next time the pigs have any incidents with away PL supporters they blockade the roads around their Sty. The next time the police respond to a domestic fight the council will blockade the home to stop all fights ever again. Errr no. Someone has got up on their high horse about us and will not rest until we all covered in bubble wrap.