'Boro - V - Wednesday OMDT

6 hours ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Normally would be delighted with a point from Borough, but they are not firing at all and so think we could go for all 3 today.

Ayala has been one of the top defenders in this division for several years but defensively he is not the player he was although still very dangerous from dead ball situations.

Would like to see someone help Fletcher out up front but both Winnall and Rhodes have not done enough for me to warrant a start. It may be worth letting Nuhiu battle with the 2 central defenders giving Fletcher more freedom as he has looked like our most potent striker so far this season.

Midfield I would definitely give Luongo a start, thought he did well on Tuesday.

Good to see Monk reads this forum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gizowl said:

Talking gonads, Hutch been one of the most consistent performers so far, Nuhui deserves a start, can't win with some on here, if we start with one up top moaners saying we're negative, Nuhui could be a good foil for Fletcher today, might work, might not, but looks like we're having a go today, well done GM.

15 minutes ago, A12owl said:

We win 4-1 away from home and still there are semi negative comments.

Unbelievable Jeff.

The positive comment would be that you can only play as well as the opposition let's you.

We were better than them that's why we scored 4 and they scored 1. 

Nothing negative about it. We did really well. Just making a comment about how awful boro were. 

18 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I wasn't there and havnt seen it so cannot argue with you if you were. 

It's just there are so few results like that for us yours was the only semi negative comment. Or so i thought it was.

Apologies if I mis interpreted it.

No worries! Don't get me wrong I'm buzzing and was great being there. I'm just conscious there will be tougher tests ahead and I'm not getting carried away just yet.

Not been today.

I think that if we play 442 then Nuhiu has to be one of the two obviously with Fletcher at the moment.

When you play 442 your front two have to really unsettle the opposition and Nuhiu with someone playing off him causes real problems .

Edited by oldishowl

3 hours ago, A12owl said:

Not forgetting lazy nesh Reach.

And useless donkey Nuhui, one comment pre match on OMDT was" Nuhui and Hutch to start, Deary Deary me".:laugh:

17 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You mean another away win?

Both played important roles in our game plan today.

You look at the bigger picture and not just 1 result against a poor team. It’s the same midfield which got overran and lost to QPR, millwall and Preston, but well done for trawling through hours of posts to find this one