Team for Satuday?

Westwood

Palmer Iorfa Borner Fox

Hutchinson         

Reach Loungo Bannan Harris

Fletcher

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Westwood

Iorfa

Lees

Borner

Palmer

Hutchinson

Reach

Lee

Bannan

Harris

Fletcher

Bench;

Dawson

Odubajo

Fox

Luongo

Murphy

Dave

Winnall

Eyes will be on Hutchinson, Bannan, Lee and Reach. In my opinion, all 4 are under performing and not playing at the levels that I expect. 

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

Depends whether you want him on the ball or not.

If Bannan plays too far forward in the team he has to win physical challenges which he cannot do.

We need the team playing further forward , mostly in the opposition half but Bannan needs to be playing in the centre of that midfield in a place where he is facing the opposition with space to play his passes.

Play him too far forward and you are asking him to win battles against the opponents holding midfielder, the Ben Pearson, Hutch’s of this world and he cannot do it. I have seen him fail too many times. 

His best season was  when he was played LM where he had no choice to play further forward. This way he can create in the right areas. I agree he does not win the ball and battles as he shys out to much but I think Bannan on the ball at the back as he so often is is to our detriment.

Use David Silva as an example, he dictates for city from wide or advance of the midfield, that's what I want bannan to do for us. Silve in CM would be a waist of his talents, as I think it is Bannans

Westwood (but I would go Dawson)

Palmer.    Iorfa.       Börner.   Fox

Hutchinson.     

Harris.        Luongo      Bannon.         Reach

Fletcher (but I think Nuhiu more effective at holding up and bringing other players in)

Westwood

Iorfa.               Lees.               Borner.          Reach

Murphy.           Luongo         Bannan.         Harris

Rhodes.         Fletcher.   

Dawson

Palmer

Thorniley

Hutchinson

Lee

Nuhiu

Winnall

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Westwood

Iorfa

Lees

Borner

Palmer

Hutchinson

Reach

Lee

Bannan

Harris

Fletcher

Bench;

Dawson

Odubajo

Fox

Luongo

Murphy

Dave

Winnall

Eyes will be on Hutchinson, Bannan, Lee and Reach. In my opinion, all 4 are under performing and not playing at the levels that I expect. 

Agree, and I'd add Westwood to that too to be honest.

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

His best season was  when he was played LM where he had no choice to play further forward. This way he can create in the right areas. I agree he does not win the ball and battles as he shys out to much but I think Bannan on the ball at the back as he so often is is to our detriment.

Use David Silva as an example, he dictates for city from wide or advance of the midfield, that's what I want bannan to do for us. Silve in CM would be a waist of his talents, as I think it is Bannans

I agree he could play coming in from the left if we played the Carlos style of trying to control the middle with widish players, Bannan and Wallace coming into the midfield in a slow tempo style.

But we don’t appear to be doing that now we have wingers, especially with Harris wide left , so Monk still has the problem.

5 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

Anyway, Borner and Thorniley are both left sided so they are competing for one place - and it's Herr Borner's to lose right now.

I don't see us playing with four central midfielders like the OP has picked. It's not the Irvine regime.

Fletcher, Reach and Harris will be the front three. 

Hopefully Luongo has proven he is capable of starting. I'd pick him ahead of Lee.

------------Westwood--------

Dom---Lees---Borner---Palmer

--------Hutch------Luongo-----

-------------Bannan-------------

Reach------Fletcher------Harris

I think this is the one, with snipers on the South Stand roof taking aim at Bannan if he starts thinking he’s Andrea Pirlo and should be positioning himself 4ft from the back line. 

49 minutes ago, markg said:

Agree, and I'd add Westwood to that too to be honest.

Ye, there’s that as well. I like Westwood but he’s made a few mistakes this season. Defensive shape has been good but mistakes have cost us in games and Westwood has been culpable in that alongside Odubajo’s fouls for the 2 penalties at Preston. 

All 5 are capable of much better. 

5 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

Anyway, Borner and Thorniley are both left sided so they are competing for one place - and it's Herr Borner's to lose right now.

I don't see us playing with four central midfielders like the OP has picked. It's not the Irvine regime.

Fletcher, Reach and Harris will be the front three. 

Hopefully Luongo has proven he is capable of starting. I'd pick him ahead of Lee.

------------Westwood--------

Dom---Lees---Borner---Palmer

--------Hutch------Luongo-----

-------------Bannan-------------

Reach------Fletcher------Harris

This looks about right. If I was The Monkster I'd be advising Luongo to push forward when Bannan inevitably drops deep looking for the ball.

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Careful, you'll get hammered for this heresy.