Adam Reach

3 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

You’re comparing a record over 22 games to 5 

Updated for 23 games v 5 games

With Reach playing at least half the match - W13. D7. L3

With Reach out or less than half the match - W0. D2. L3

We don’t half go over the top when our best players, like Bannan and Reach, go thru a quiet spell. But over time their quality and importance to the team shows in records like these.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

We don’t half go over the top when our best players, like Bannan and Reach, go thru a quiet spell. But over time their quality and importance to the team shows in records like these.

I think the opposite, that as fans we go way over the top when a player has a good game, forgetting all the poor ones 

Reach will be a £20m player now on here, but will no doubt have a shocker next week against Wigan 

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I think the opposite, that as fans we go way over the top when a player has a good game, forgetting all the poor ones 

Reach will be a £20m player now on here, but will no doubt have a shocker next week against Wigan 

Well I don’t judge him on one game.

If you look at the last 28 games surely you have to agree he can’t be anything other than worth his place?

Unless you think that by dropping him we’d have a better record than W13. D7. L3, and had he played in those other 5 games, we’d have done worse than W0. D2. L3.

Reach has developed into a quality player since he's been here, scored some cracking goals but agreed he's had a bad time of it lately. Yesterday he was great with crossing and overall play and scored so hope that helps to get his confidence back. I think all the players will flourish under Monk. 

21 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Well I don’t judge him on one game.

If you look at the last 28 games surely you have to agree he can’t be anything other than worth his place?

Unless you think that by dropping him we’d have a better record than W13. D7. L3, and had he played in those other 5 games, we’d have done worse than W0. D2. L3.

Spot on. Reach delivers especially when played on the wing, and we're a better team when he plays and even more so when he plays out wide. But what sticks in the minds of fans is a 50/50 which he loses in a match, that makes up people's mind, the facts or overall picture aren't important to them.

Most fans accept more can come from Reach, but the fans who claim he doesn't deliver or contribute clearly can't see the wood for the trees.

According to Opta Reach has more assists than Harris this season and one less goal. One's a superstar and one's apparently a waste of oxygen according to some. 

22 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I am a Reach supporter as long as he plays wide. He did a decent job in centre midfield when we had the injury crisis and he was the only one who could run.

However I don’t understand how, in a team game, where another 12 or 13 players are affecting the game it makes any sense to claim anything on the numbers shown.

We have won games when Reach has played and been rubbish.

Other players, more important than Reach, might also have been missing or had bad games in the games he didn’t play that we lost.

If somebody like Obubajo has a mare and costs us two goals it’s sod all to do with whether Reach is playing or not.

11 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Spot on. Reach delivers especially when played on the wing, and we're a better team when he plays and even more so when he plays out wide. But what sticks in the minds of fans is a 50/50 which he loses in a match, that makes up people's mind, the facts or overall picture aren't important to them.

Most fans accept more can come from Reach, but the fans who claim he doesn't deliver or contribute clearly can't see the wood for the trees.

According to Opta Reach has more assists than Harris this season and one less goal. One's a superstar and one's apparently a waste of oxygen according to some. 

Agreed. Use him as a luxury player on the wing, as opposed to in the middle, and I’m sure less will complain (including myself)

22 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I don't think I've ever seen a fan claim he is anything like a £20m player.

He's a decent player at this level, contributes goals and assists and we're a better and more successful team with him in the side, especially on the flanks. 

That said he isn't immune to a dip in form and in the last 2 years he's probably played through that due to a lack of other options, thankfully with the likes of Lee and Luongo we should hopefully not see him play in the centre and if he's out of form or playing poorly (like 2nd half vs Fulham) we'll have Murphy waiting in the wings. 

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Agreed. Use him as a luxury player on the wing, as opposed to in the middle, and I’m sure less will complain (including myself)

No, not a 'luxury' player. A winger who delivers goals, assists and works hard for the team. 

I notice Monk praised Reach's attitude and desire after the match yesterday and also highlighted his work off the ball and how it benefitted the side, Monk is the type of manager who has big defensive demands on all players so any 'luxury' player wouldn't cut it, thankfully Reach is far from that. 

54 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I am a Reach supporter as long as he plays wide. He did a decent job in centre midfield when we had the injury crisis and he was the only one who could run.

However I don’t understand how, in a team game, where another 12 or 13 players are affecting the game it makes any sense to claim anything on the numbers shown.

We have won games when Reach has played and been rubbish.

Other players, more important than Reach, might also have been missing or had bad games in the games he didn’t play that we lost.

If somebody like Obubajo has a mare and costs us two goals it’s sod all to do with whether Reach is playing or not.

Your logic works over a game or two, but not over half a season.

I was replying to a poster who said Reach should be dropped cos he’d been poor since January.  I think pointing out a huge improvement in our results when he plays compared to when he doesn’t play suggests the team works far better with him than without him.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

I was replying to a poster who said Reach should be dropped cos he’d been poor since January.  I think pointing out a huge improvement in our results when he plays compared to when he doesn’t play suggests the team works far better with him than without him.

Totally agree mate.

Isn't it funny, no matter who the manager has been, he's always picked. 

Do they see things the experts on here don't.  Obviously!!

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Key word being “ suggests “ as it doesn’t actually prove anything.

He had some horrendous games trying to play as a second striker and if we won any of those it was in spite of him not because of him.

As I say I am a Reach fan out wide and he has been mucked about far too much . It started with Carlos and continued since.

Leave him on the right hand side and he will do fine.

Just now, oldishowl said:

Key word being “ suggests “ as it doesn’t actually prove anything.

He had some horrendous games trying to play as a second striker and if we won any of those it was in spite of him not because of him.

As I say I am a Reach fan out wide and he has been mucked about far too much . It started with Carlos and continued since.

Leave him on the right hand side and he will do fine.

Winger without a doubt.