Adam Reach

1 hour ago, chrisf said:

Someone on the North shouted his name and something along the lines of "run you lazy chap" and Reach turned around and looked up at the top of the North stand to where the fan was. He then played a bit better!

I heard a few shouts from the North and was disappointed to say the least, especially when he looked up.

My friend said he thought he only received comments like that from the Kop (he swapped stands last night).

Reminded me last season when we had someone injured in front of the North, and Atdhe went over to see, and 3 prats between entrances B&C gave him some awful gob during which he looked up in disbelief.

Occasionally there are players I am not too keen on, but if they're playing, they're playing - end of.

Let's get back to encouraging them!:mad:

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Even without the wonder goals you have to be a fool to let his start to the season blind you to all the other things he brings to the team. 

Well I am a fool then because all I see is someone without a footballing brain who looks uncomfortable as hell on the ball and neshes challenges, and doesn’t even have a settled position at the age of 26 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Ironically, last night was the first time he's ever gone into a tackle hard, won the ball & left the other player in a heap! :biggrin:

Although, the critically injured player did manage to get up, hobble off then sprint back on.

:duntmatter:

That's some physio Everton have got . The way he hobbled off looked like 6 weeks on the treatment table and 15 seconds later he came on like Usain bolt ...pathetic wernt it .

50 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Well I am a fool then because all I see is someone without a footballing brain who looks uncomfortable as hell on the ball and neshes challenges, and doesn’t even have a settled position at the age of 26 

So you miss all the assists he brings to the team too? Also the fact that multiple managers have played him and trusted him in positions completely alien to him suggest how good he is. 

Edited by Not Jon Newsome

38 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

So you miss all the assists he brings to the team too? Also the fact that multiple managers have played him and trusted him in positions completely alien to him suggest how good he is. 

Why does everyone keep banging on about reach’s stats from last season like they were good?

He was 24th last season in the championship for assists and 34th for goals 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Why does everyone keep banging on about reach’s stats from last season like they were good?

He was 24th last season in the championship for assists and 34th for goals 

And how many of those 24 belong to us? Fact is he's one of our most creative players and when on form is one of the first names in the team.

He won't develop any further now he's headed for 27. Would take £4-5m for him very gratefully.

Hell never be a Prem level player and can't see what he'd bring to anyone seriously chasing promotion in this league as a 1st teamer sadly so who do you sell him to more of an issue.

1 hour ago, sMacLean said:

He won't develop any further now he's headed for 27. Would take £4-5m for him very gratefully.

Hell never be a Prem level player and can't see what he'd bring to anyone seriously chasing promotion in this league as a 1st teamer sadly so who do you sell him to more of an issue.

Have you got a time machine and gone back to 2014? Have you not seen the hideously inflated market, 4M for Reach would be a joke.

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

And how many of those 24 belong to us? Fact is he's one of our most creative players and when on form is one of the first names in the team.

No he placed 24th for assists and mid 30s for goals 

7 goals and 8 assists, absolutely nothing to brag about, and he was more or less ever present 

Bannan was 4th best in the league last year for assists with 11 

After Morgan Fox, he will be the next scapegoat who gets booed when his name is read out.

But I do agree his performances are no where near what they were last season. He carried us at times under the dark days with Jos, but can’t help think something isn’t quite right.

Maybe playing him in one position for a few weeks might be a help! Not LB, not CM, not a second striker ffs - but a LW! 

8 minutes ago, Shifty Powers said:

After Morgan Fox, he will be the next scapegoat who gets booed when his name is read out.

But I do agree his performances are no where near what they were last season. He carried us at times under the dark days with Jos, but can’t help think something isn’t quite right.

Maybe playing him in one position for a few weeks might be a help! Not LB, not CM, not a second striker ffs - but a LW! 

Someone not playing well, supporters saying he’s not playing well, doesn’t mean scapegoat!!!!