Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, bigrbuk said:

 

If it's "Take the L" they're missing the leg bit, which is integral...... so my lad tells me...

 

tenor.gif

 

It's all Griezmann's fault.

 

Image result for griezmann fortnite celebration gif

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm told by those much younger than me that it is reference to a video game.

 

2 hours ago, bigrbuk said:

If it's "Take the L" they're missing the leg bit, which is integral...... so my lad tells me...

 

You two aren't fooling anyone.

 

Same time again tonight, lads? 

lol

 

 

Edited by Samurai Blue
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Samurai Blue said:

 

 

You two aren't fooling anyone.

 

Same time again tonight, lads? 

lol

 

 

 

Squad up!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm told by those much younger than me that it is reference to a video game.

It is a trolling sign made after you have killed another player on the Fortnite game.

 

All seems a bit odd to me.

Players were adults in my day. 

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Colinwestzicoest said:

Players were adults in my day. 

 

Good old fashioned handshake

 

Image result for soccer teammates handshake

  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

 

Good old fashioned handshake

 

Image result for soccer teammates handshake

"Gut gespielt jung Gerd"

 

"Vielen Dank Herr Franz"

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a bit of healthy competition amongst the players - the player scores & he’s crowing about it & calling the others losers because he did what they didn’t/couldn’t. Hopefully it’s light hearted banter that’ll encourage a few more players to have a crack & improve our goals for column.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loser (hand gesture) The loser is a hand gesture made by extending the thumb and index fingers, leaving the other fingers closed to create the letter L, interpreted as "loser", and generally given as a demeaning sign.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Samurai Blue said:

 

It's all Griezmann's fault.

 

Image result for griezmann fortnite celebration gif

I'm calling plagiarism of th highest order here !!

Or maybe hes a fan of Eric n Ern?.....tumblr_myqul6MPiB1t5wrp7o3_250.gif.b4de7488aecc5ea528afee79514c5fe9.giftumblr_myqul6MPiB1t5wrp7o1_250.gif.c7732794a922e332b5d3764745a3c740.gifepOhRmD.gif.60be58523711dec62474277367e49c06.gif

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I'm calling plagiarism of th highest order here !!

Or maybe hes a fan of Eric n Ern?.....tumblr_myqul6MPiB1t5wrp7o3_250.gif.b4de7488aecc5ea528afee79514c5fe9.giftumblr_myqul6MPiB1t5wrp7o1_250.gif.c7732794a922e332b5d3764745a3c740.gifepOhRmD.gif.60be58523711dec62474277367e49c06.gif

Bum ooo ya ta ta ta

lol

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hookowl said:

Loser (hand gesture) The loser is a hand gesture made by extending the thumb and index fingers, leaving the other fingers closed to create the letter L, interpreted as "loser", and generally given as a demeaning sign.

Yep,That Seems To Be The Correct Meaning.

 

Anyone Know How/When The OK Sign Became Racist?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, belfast owl lad said:

Yep,That Seems To Be The Correct Meaning.

 

Anyone Know How/When The OK Sign Became Racist?

540531315_tenor(2).gif.38430a74e0e0ab9f2a345d39e308bd5f.gif

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/09/2019 at 20:16, Jim Wonk said:

I commented in another thread guessing it’s something that players do when ball goes in off post or bar

 

this is a load of rubbish I’m sure 

 

You're right.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hookowl said:

Loser (hand gesture) The loser is a hand gesture made by extending the thumb and index fingers, leaving the other fingers closed to create the letter L, interpreted as "loser", and generally given as a demeaning sign.

 

Must get an image of that for the Brexit thread.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bloody hell just googled this ok thingy ...

Is nothing bloody sacred these days .?

Its pathetic really 

OkayLarge267x296.jpg.7a153de7ee46f3008ac457dd3707e09b.jpg

Wont be using that gesture any more on reggae nights at the Locarno when I'm asked to put Jimmy Cliff on the Soundsystem ...WTF:

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/09/2019 at 20:16, Jim Wonk said:

I commented in another thread guessing it’s something that players do when ball goes in off post or bar

 

this is a load of rubbish I’m sure 

Quite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/09/2019 at 20:48, Jim Wonk said:

L is 50 in Roman numerals

 

Bannan bet winnall 50 pound that he wouldn’t score another goal for Swfc if he played till he was 50

 

winnall countered that bazza could have 50 hair transplants but he would always look like rab c nesbitt

 

 

That's more likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...