Why it should be Pulis

Owls fans - or a section of them - never seem to want a manager who'll get us up.

Not unless he can do it playing scintillating football along the way.

Warnock? "Wi don't want 'im!"

Bruce? "Over t' 'ill, mate!"

Pulis? "F*ck off!"

Such managers are deemed "dinosaurs", over the hump, or not "progressive" enough.

Be it manager or player, the emphasis always must be on youth.

Experience can go hang; we'd rather have someone who's learning his trade, someone who'll use us to practise on.

Then, mysteriously, Colin got Cardiff up.

Bruce, another dinosaur according to some, got a team looking over its shoulder to within an ace of the playoffs.

Ours in fact.

We need to be going for promotion, and how we do it doesn't matter.

Our finances dictate that.

Where we are, Pulis represents the best chance we're likely to have.

• Haha 1

This situation reminds me of the time Irvine was sacked. We were going nowhere fast apart from backwards. Mandaric made the call and appointed Megson. It wasn’t a universally popular decision but despite Wednesday getting promotion under Jones, this promotion wouldn’t have been achieved without the work Megson did beforehand. Pulis and Megson are cut from the same cloth and I think Pulis would build the platform for promotion if he didn’t actually achieve it himself?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

This situation reminds me of the time Irvine was sacked. We were going nowhere fast apart from backwards. Mandaric made the call and appointed Megson. It wasn’t a universally popular decision but despite Wednesday getting promotion under Jones, this promotion wouldn’t have been achieved without the work Megson did beforehand. Pulis and Megson are cut from the same cloth and I think Pulis would build the platform for promotion if he didn’t actually achieve it himself?

Agree. Would have liked to have seen Dave Jones get us promoted if megson hadn't gifted him with Antonio as a leaving gift 

• Haha 1

Granted Warnock did a good job getting Cardiff up, but basically it’s been the manager’s with a more modern approach, who have been the most successful in recent times. Not one of the sides finishing in last years top six, was managed by an old dinosaur

5 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

In league 1, 7 years ago!  

Just not bothered...

19 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

In league 1, 7 years ago!  

It's all relative. Perhaps you want us to keep Bullen in charge and see this season go totally down the toilet? I'm not a massive fan of Pulis as I wasn't of Megson before he was appointed here but I appreciate now that Megson was a better manager than some give him credit for and I believe that it's probably the same with Pulis TBH?

Pulis is past it. I don’t think Bruce or Warnock are, they adapt with the times a lot more than Pulis does. It’s long ball football and it won’t get you anywhere nowadays. The managers that seem to be doing the best over the last couple of seasons are those that champion organisation, fitness and pressing. Not just wacking it up to a big man.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Owls fans - or a section of them - never seem to want a manager who'll get us up.

Pulis? "F*ck off!"

Such managers are deemed "dinosaurs", over the hump, or not "progressive" enough.

Experience can go hang; we'd rather have someone who's learning his trade, someone who'll use us to practise on.

Bruce, another dinosaur according to some, got a team looking over its shoulder to within an ace of the playoffs.

Ours in fact.

You've missed they all have to be "hungry" off your list. It seems anyone decent has to be "hungry" these days. 

God I hate buzz words 

Edited by Womble Owl

Guest LondonOwl313
37 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I'll stand to be corrected but wasn't Pulis's last promotion in 2008. What makes people think he's the man to get us up in 2020.

Lol well it was hard for him to get promoted between 2008-2017 given he was managing in the premier league 

got a poor Boro side finishing 5th and 7th. Don’t get me wrong, he’s not an inspiring choice.. but would bet he’d have us finishing higher than Bullen

11 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Lol well it was hard for him to get promoted between 2008-2017 given he was managing in the premier league 

got a poor Boro side finishing 5th and 7th. Don’t get me wrong, he’s not an inspiring choice.. but would bet he’d have us finishing higher than Bullen

I agree, he'd have us finishing higher than Bullen but for me his record suggests he's more suited to preventing relegation than gaining promotion.

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Pulis? "F*ck off!"

Ours in fact.

don't ike saying it but...spot on