Why it should be Pulis

17 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

Yeah I mean what could go wrong, just ask Middlesbo...

I agree I don’t want him has manager either but with Middlesbrough I think there was something wrong with that ship before it sailed off at the beginning of the season just look at them now and it was more than just the manager at Fault

2 hours ago, shtommer said:

I'm honestly not that bothered about promotion. I just want going to Hillsborough to be an enjoyable experience. If that gets us up, great. The thought of winning at all costs is depressing, there's more to life! Grinding miserable 1-0 wins aint much fun

That's a good point, but the problem is that we need promotion for financial reasons.

Chansiri hasn't invested all this money to sit mid-table in this league.

Come to think of it, neither have we.

4 hours ago, sandowl said:

to the OP, i seem to remember you were after getting karanka in before we got bruce, do you just like crap ex-boro managers?            only joking....

Very well remembered ….. lol

To be fair, I did want Bruce it's just that I never thought he'd come here.

He managed ex-PL outfits with parachute cash, and we'd not seen the edge of the PL for nearly 20 years and were/are potless.

As for Karanka, well he was similar in his approach to Carlos, but better at it.

And Middlesbrough were a club similar to us investment-wise.

I'll hold my hand up on this, were Pulis to take this job we'd not go up this season.

Because if he, or indeed any of the dinosauria like Colin, Megson and co, walked into our dressing room how many of our lot would have the necessary grit?

As with Meggo, it would take a number of windows to clear out the slackers.

23 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Owls fans - or a section of them - never seem to want a manager who'll get us up.

Not unless he can do it playing scintillating football along the way.

Warnock? "Wi don't want 'im!"

Bruce? "Over t' 'ill, mate!"

Pulis? "F*ck off!"

Such managers are deemed "dinosaurs", over the hump, or not "progressive" enough.

Be it manager or player, the emphasis always must be on youth.

Experience can go hang; we'd rather have someone who's learning his trade, someone who'll use us to practise on.

Then, mysteriously, Colin got Cardiff up.

Bruce, another dinosaur according to some, got a team looking over its shoulder to within an ace of the playoffs.

Ours in fact.

We need to be going for promotion, and how we do it doesn't matter.

Our finances dictate that.

Where we are, Pulis represents the best chance we're likely to have.

Totally agree...also love all the dinosaur argument yet Hughton’s name always gets a mention. 

23 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Owls fans - or a section of them - never seem to want a manager who'll get us up.

Pulis? "F*ck off!"

Such managers are deemed "dinosaurs", over the hump, or not "progressive" enough.

Experience can go hang; we'd rather have someone who's learning his trade, someone who'll use us to practise on.

Bruce, another dinosaur according to some, got a team looking over its shoulder to within an ace of the playoffs.

Ours in fact.

don't worry, dc's 'financial position' will have the last say.

23 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Granted Warnock did a good job getting Cardiff up, but basically it’s been the manager’s with a more modern approach, who have been the most successful in recent times. Not one of the sides finishing in last years top six, was managed by an old dinosaur

colin did it without a 'king's ransom'. 

how many of last season's 'top six' matched him?

On 02/09/2019 at 18:04, Athelwulf said:

Pulis? "F*ck off!"

Ours in fact.

Fair post, but I'd rather stick knitting needles up my nostrils on a weekly basis. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

That's a good point, but the problem is that we need promotion for financial reasons.

Chansiri hasn't invested all this money to sit mid-table in this league.

Come to think of it, neither have we.

Take your point but the financial problems were created by Chansiri getting it spectacularly wrong with his spending. To the point where we have to sell our ground to escape punishment. God love him, and I do think he's learning, but that's 100% DC's fault. 

I'd rather we didn't sign players that we can't afford, and charged a more reasonable price for tickets. There's no need for either. With an actual long term strategy, investment in recruitment and good management we've got a better chance of promotion IMHO than just chucking money about.

On 02/09/2019 at 21:04, mattitheowl said:

Well yeah, they played really good football actually.  Not just 10 monsters booting it long all afternoon.  And United played a good brand of football too.

You've clearly not seen enough of Pulis' style if you'd be happy to watch it every week. 

I would if we were winning every week.

I was bore rigid watching Carlos's 'Style', slow, slow and then even slower.

I acutualy like the way the Blunts play, high tempo quick passing and moving the ball Fwds quickly.

44 minutes ago, shtommer said:

Take your point but the financial problems were created by Chansiri getting it spectacularly wrong with his spending. To the point where we have to sell our ground to escape punishment. God love him, and I do think he's learning, but that's 100% DC's fault. 

I'd rather we didn't sign players that we can't afford, and charged a more reasonable price for tickets. There's no need for either. With an actual long term strategy, investment in recruitment and good management we've got a better chance of promotion IMHO than just chucking money about.

These are things that are alien to most Wed's fans.

No manager will be given, let's say 3 seasons to get the TEAM sorted, never mind the club.

The club is slowly getting it's act together academy and u23's level, the Training ground is in better nick now, the recruitment policy SEEM'S to be better.

The ground is shed, but how can that be Chansiri's fault, nothing has been done to the ground since 1996, 23 years, only the playing surface has been improved and we have a big TV.

Yes Mr Chansiri wasted a lot of money on average players, that was his learning curve and now having learned he is cutting our cloth accordingly.

On 02/09/2019 at 21:02, mattitheowl said:

My old boss was a West From fan, he'd been a season ticket holder for 35 years, in the last season under Pulis he didn't renew he's ticket as he was fed up of the utter bilge he served up.  I've spoken to him since and he says he much prefers it in the Championship, playing decent football week in week out.  The Premier League isn't the promised land that Sky will have you believe.  

Yeah!, that's what every fan say's when they are not in the Prem.

Actually I agree with him, the only reason I would want us to go up is the Money, rather be more like Norwich than Leicester say.

On 04/09/2019 at 13:08, adelphi1867 said:

I would if we were winning every week.

I was bore rigid watching Carlos's 'Style', slow, slow and then even slower.

I acutualy like the way the Blunts play, high tempo quick passing and moving the ball Fwds quickly.

But that's a million miles away from how Pulis plays.

Just not bothered...