A fresh look on the managers job!

So after 6 games, it’s looking more likely now that Bullen isn’t quite up to the job. Are there any stand out candidates now  that perhaps didn’t look as appealing 6 games ago? 

Not convinced on the Cowleys. Inexperienced at this level and apparently play a very direct style of play.

Rowett did well at Burton, Birmingham and Derby but failed miserably at Stoke. 

Alex Neil i think could be a good fit but don’t think Chansiri will go after someone already employed.

Petrescu was apparently wanted before Carlos came, his team have been knocked out of the Champions league this week too. Don’t really know anything about him as a manager though? 

Such a tough and important decision Chansiri has to make.

8 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

So after 6 games, it’s looking more likely now that Bullen isn’t quite up to the job. Are there any stand out candidates now  that perhaps didn’t look as appealing 6 games ago? 

Not convinced on the Cowleys. Inexperienced at this level and apparently play a very direct style of play.

Rowett did well at Burton, Birmingham and Derby but failed miserably at Stoke. 

Alex Neil i think could be a good fit but don’t think Chansiri will go after someone already employed.

Petrescu was apparently wanted before Carlos came, his team have been knocked out of the Champions league this week too. Don’t really know anything about him as a manager though? 

Such a tough and important decision Chansiri has to make.

Petrescu did the dirty on us before, just using us to get into English football and jumped ship as soon as.

So it is a NO from me.

Can't see Neil leaving Preston just at the moment.

Like you, I am not convinced about the Cowley's.

So that leaves either ROWETT or MONK.

5 minutes ago, English Man said:

Holloway. 

Forgot about him. He was actually my 2nd choice after Hughton originally. Wouldn’t be against him getting a deal until the end of the season to see if he can get us going.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, S72 Owl said:

Forgot about him. He was actually my 2nd choice after Hughton originally. Wouldn’t be against him getting a deal until the end of the season to see if he can get us going.

Available, lots of experience, would love to manage Wednesday and a good character. Go get him Chansiri. 

2 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

With the lack of standout candidates I don't think that is a bad call until the end of the season.

Not sure if he is a madman or genius but we would soon find out

5 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Was that the guy with the headphones on or was that his cousin Hans Free?

9 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

I heard mention someone called Hans Wolf (?) at the game today. Two guys saying he was the number one contender.

Ex Hsv? 

Mmmmmm hamburgers

13 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Was that the guy with the headphones on or was that his cousin Hans Free?

Agents pushed him really hard for Huddersfield job but they said no and have moved on to Bowyer and Cowley.

He got a team promoted for German second division but got sacked for performances in Bundesliga 1. last year he was in charge of Hamburger SV who are big club in German second division he was sacked because he did not achieve promotion. 

Had very good record with Borussia Dortmund as youth coach.

Appointing someone like this mid season is huge risk and although better than some foreign names suggested he would not be somebody I would be keen on at this stage. of season. Stendel at Barnsley had more top flight experience than him.

Guest Ferkorf

This hannes wolf guy doesn't actually sound ridiculously bad. They loved him at hamburg for his 'Emphatic attacking play' 

Sacked him for missing out on play off by 1 point....

Sign him up

26 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Not guilty mate. When I searched I got some old cyclist bloke !!

Yeah you get that first, also there seems to be a pretty good Austrian player by the same name. 

With a bit of messing with the spelling you find this guy 50% win ratio as well. 

Edited by Maddogbob