Best start (5 games) since promotion in 2012

7 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Who would recommend to DC, we should have as manager?

I'm not paid to make such decisions, but based on what I know, I'd be happy with Rowett, Neil or Cook.

If Chansiri thinks Bullen is the answer, then he needs to back him with a proper coaching team and give him a fighting chance; if not, then the same applies to whoever he thinks can do the best job.

Our current make do and mend approach isn't going to give us the best chance of success over the course of the season.

Bullen annoys me with the way he always talks up the opposition like we’re playing Barcelona. Yes, by all means respect the opposition but don’t blow smoke up their ar$e.

If we’ve got the talented squad he keeps saying we’ve got then why not concentrate on us imposing themselves on the opposition rather than the other way around. Personally I think he’s too much of a gentleman and lacks that little bit of an edge to be successful as a manager? We stick with Bullen and we’re looking at another mixed campaign IMO.

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm not paid to make such decisions, but based on what I know, I'd be happy with Rowett, Neil or Cook.

If Chansiri thinks Bullen is the answer, then he needs to back him with a proper coaching team and give him a fighting chance; if not, then the same applies to whoever he thinks can do the best job.

Our current make do and mend approach isn't going to give us the best chance of success over the course of the season.

Can't see value in any of those, two of them just your merry go round managers who are no better or much better than CC.  Cook would be a bit of a gamble and of the three I'd probably go fo him, but I'd not be impressed if he got the job.

Agree that if Bullen gets the job he needs more help but again as much as I like the guy and have been impressed with what he has to say, not sure that he is the answer.

For me there is not a stand out come n get manager out there at the moment.

14 minutes ago, Rogers said:

And it’s exactly the same as making a comparison from the past. Pointless 

No it's not. 

Comparing how Sheffield Wednesday do in comparison with previous seasons in the same division is quite a bit different to comparing the goals tally of an ageing striker now vs 7 years ago when he was in league below. If you can't see that then God help you garymegson

Edited by Owls2k

5 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

No it's not. 

Comparing how Sheffield Wednesday do in comparison with previous seasons in the same division is quite a bit different to comparing the goals tally of an ageing striker now vs 7 years ago when he was in league below. If you can't see that then God help you garymegson

Ok, this season is similar to that one, apart from in 2012 we were in League One (not the same division), with different players, different shitty opposition, and a different manager. Yeah ok. 

Everyone cheer up, we’re gonna get promoted. 

40 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Unfortunately football is played on grass and not paper. Results never go the way you think against certain opposition, it's just how the league is, our mix of pressing and counter attacking probably suits us to play better opposition thinking about it. 

We've not been trounced in either defeat, at Millwall we should have won the game and today we turned up for 15 minutes and should have got a point in the end, Preston themselves did nothing all game. 

Big difference in the way we played before going 2 down to the kitchen sink approach at the end 

11 hours ago, Theboylangers said:

We could have won 2, drawn 2 and lost only 1 and we'd have 1 less point than we do now but on paper it doesn't look as bad as the 2 defeats. 

We're better off winning lots and losing lots than drawing any. 

Exactly, folk are deffo getting carried away, if we beat QPR were on course the 2 points a game average that always gets you in the top 2 unless your called Sheffield United.

10 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

The same folk moaning about the current performances whilst ignoring the points total would be the same folk moaning if we were playing well but not picking up points.

They enjoy moaning.

Or is that just bo...cks?

Perhaps they just hate losing  

Perhaps showing a graph or comparing point tallies from  different seasons doesn't cut it for them 

Perhaps they are not turned on by dicing with the top 6 as though it's some kind of victory 

22 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Big difference in the way we played before going 2 down to the kitchen sink approach at the end 

Yep but that's usually the case for all sides, not team would start like how we ended up. Both sides we very conservative from the off.

1 hour ago, Owls2k said:

Unfortunately football is played on grass and not paper. Results never go the way you think against certain opposition, it's just how the league is, our mix of pressing and counter attacking probably suits us to play better opposition thinking about it. 

We've not been trounced in either defeat, at Millwall we should have won the game and today we turned up for 15 minutes and should have got a point in the end, Preston themselves did nothing all game. 

Yep I know,but we didnt and that makes the difference between promotion and missing out..Blunts ground out results all season to go up,and Leeds will this.Got to be averaging 2 points a game to be up there.With the start we had,should be in double figures fine margins or not...UTO...

35 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Ok, this season is similar to that one, apart from in 2012 we were in League One (not the same division), with different players, different shitty opposition, and a different manager. Yeah ok. 

Everyone cheer up, we’re gonna get promoted. 

I was comparing our start to all previous Championship starts since we got promoted, this season comes out on top. Do you get it yet?

1 minute ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Yep I know,but we didnt and that makes the difference between promotion and missing out..Blunts ground out results all season to go up,and Leeds will this.Got to be averaging 2 points a game to be up there.With the start we had,should be in double figures fine margins or not...UTO...

Top 2 material grind out wins or get a point at the bog standard Championship outfits like Millwall and Preston, however I don't think we're top 2 material.

48 minutes ago, the monk said:

Or is that just bo...cks?

Perhaps they just hate losing  

Perhaps showing a graph or comparing point tallies from  different seasons doesn't cut it for them 

Perhaps they are not turned on by dicing with the top 6 as though it's some kind of victory 

I get the frustration but you have to put it in context.  Bruce fucksoff 3 weeks before the start of the season, bedding in 5 new players with a caretaker manager and no really obvious permanent appointment out there....

Dicing with the top 6 is ok for now in my book - long, long way to way to go!

5 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I get the frustration but you have to put it in context.  Bruce fucksoff 3 weeks before the start of the season, bedding in 5 new players with a caretaker manager and no really obvious permanent appointment out there....

Dicing with the top 6 is ok for now in my book - long, long way to way to go!

Let’s be honest we’ve had an easy start. Barnsley and Luton are going to be strugglers. The league table doesn’t give a true reflection until everyone has played each other.

Were you one of the posters who said we were doing well last year when we were 6th at the end of September under Jos?

27 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Can't see value in any of those, two of them just your merry go round managers who are no better or much better than CC.  Cook would be a bit of a gamble and of the three I'd probably go fo him, but I'd not be impressed if he got the job.

Agree that if Bullen gets the job he needs more help but again as much as I like the guy and have been impressed with what he has to say, not sure that he is the answer.

For me there is not a stand out come n get manager out there at the moment.

Rowett has done a good job at every club except Stoke, whilst Neil took Norwich up and is doing well with what he has at Preston. I reckon both found do a good job here.

Cook is more of a gamble, but he seems to be a manager on the up and knows how to build a team. 

For me, leaving a caretaker manager in charge is the worst of all the options available to us.

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Rowett has done a good job at every club except Stoke, whilst Neil took Norwich up and is doing well with what he has at Preston. I reckon both found do a good job here.

Cook is more of a gamble, but he seems to be a manager on the up and knows how to build a team. 

For me, leaving a caretaker manager in charge is the worst of all the options available to us.

Rowett has failed three times in the play offs, CC failed twice why get a manager who has a worse record?

10 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Rowett has failed three times in the play offs, CC failed twice why get a manager who has a worse record?

Wouldn't reaching the playoffs three times be more successful than reaching them twice?

Or maybe we're actually more successful than Tottenham because we've never lost a Champions League final?

:duntmatter: