Best start (5 games) since promotion in 2012

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Wouldn't reaching the playoffs three times be more successful than reaching them twice?

Or maybe we're actually more successful than Tottenham because we've never lost a Champions League final?

:duntmatter:

We sacked CC coz he failed twice so we want to take on a manager who has failed three times where is the logicin that?

25 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Rowett has done a good job at every club except Stoke, whilst Neil took Norwich up and is doing well with what he has at Preston. I reckon both found do a good job here.

Cook is more of a gamble, but he seems to be a manager on the up and knows how to build a team. 

For me, leaving a caretaker manager in charge is the worst of all the options available to us.

I think you've got to say where Stoke currently are, he probably did a better job than people think. Weren't they 9th when he got the sack? They would love to be 9th now :biggrin:

Edited by Great Big Galaa

21 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

3 wins 2 defeats, I wouldn’t be lapping this up tbh. Fairly average. Quite amazing it’s our best start in so long 

Who is lapping it up? Just some cold hard facts to interrupt the bed wetting. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

We sacked CC coz he failed twice so we want to take on a manager who has failed three times where is the logicin that?

I thought we sacked Carvalhal because he had us spiralling towards the relegation zone in his third season.

If his failure to win the playoffs was the only reason, surely we'd have sacked him after the Huddersfield game?

If you look at it the other way, Rowett successfully reached the playoffs more times than Carvalhal.

15 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Are we being a bit negative?

Was the start easy and we should have had more points?

Owlstalk negative after we lose away from home to an inform side are you mad ?

Haven't you worked out yet that unless we end the season Played 46 Won 46 then thats a disaster 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I thought we sacked Carvalhal because he had us spiralling towards the relegation zone in his third season.

If his failure to win the playoffs was the only reason, surely we'd have sacked him after the Huddersfield game?

If you look at it the other way, Rowett successfully reached the playoffs more times than Carvalhal.

Why not get a manager who has negotiated the play offs?  Surely that's the logical  next step

2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Why not get a manager who has negotiated the play offs?  Surely that's the logical  next step

Having done it once is no guarantee that they'll do it again. Real life just isn't that neat and tidy, I'm afraid.

Karanka took Middlesbrough up but couldn't repeat the feat with Forest, for example.

Chansiri just needs to employ the manager he feels will give us the best chance of achieving success in the future, whoever that may be, and back them with a proper coaching team.

16 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Are we being a bit negative?

Was the start easy and we should have had more points?

Agreed it is a great start for us but it's easy to see that if we can't build on it soon then we are going nowhere.  A lot of things need sorting, manager being first thing.

7 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Wouldn't reaching the playoffs three times be more successful than reaching them twice?

Or maybe we're actually more successful than Tottenham because we've never lost a Champions League final?

:duntmatter:

Agree we won't be making the playoffs if we continue as we are imo

How can you compare starts to the season. We play different teams for instance our first five could have been Leeds Fulham Swansea forest west brom. Also we have a different squad, manager etc. All you can do is rate the performance, and tactics you see.  The points gained is irrelevant after 5 games as we have to play 46 games,  some a lot harder than others. We may have played the bottom 5 or top 5 who knows?

On 24/08/2019 at 22:34, Theboylangers said:

We could have won 2, drawn 2 and lost only 1 and we'd have 1 less point than we do now but on paper it doesn't look as bad as the 2 defeats. 

We're better off winning lots and losing lots than drawing any. 

Exactly. As Paul Sturrock once said, “draws kill you”. 

The comments on LB are a joke. No team is so far in front of the others that they are going to win every game. Draws are no good for play off place. We have to be winning not drawing games. LB need to judged over a season not 5 games. But the 5 games we seen have been positive. Without Westwood error at Millwall and 2 penalties at pne. A place that is very difficult to win at. We would be unbeaten. 

But what gets me the most is how do the LB out brigade justify that a new manager would have got better performance from the team. We have 6 new players who need time to settle. But ate obviously what we needed just not gelled as a team. Another new manager with new ideas is the last thing we want when its still work in progress with 9 points from 15 only millwall and pne away with individual errors to blame for the losses. 

Lets face so many people made their minds up before a ball been kicked. 

Read so many times. I knew we not going to score enough. Bullen not good enough. Yet no manager is anything like the man DC wants. Let's be sensible. If we still in with a shout at xmax then weigh up what the candidates could bring to the table. If they are able to make improvements then change. Lets give things a little bit of time first before shaking things up again 

11 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Who is lapping it up? Just some cold hard facts to interrupt the bed wetting. 

It’s not bed wetting, it’s just a bit of realism from the fans based on what we’re seeing on the pitch.

I don’t see us being dragged into a relegation fight but we don’t look like a top 6 side either

10 hours ago, nilsson said:

It’s not bed wetting, it’s just a bit of realism from the fans based on what we’re seeing on the pitch.

I don’t see us being dragged into a relegation fight but we don’t look like a top 6 side either

The critique you give is reasonable but it is in the minority, it is mostly bed wetting.