Japan Owls for Preston

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I’m sure we have some fans in Japan.

Will I be able to use ifollow on my iPad for Preston? I’ve watched in Europe no problem but do I have to do ANYTHING different in Japan?

Im a complete and utter Noddy with tech, so answers suitable for a 5 year old please.

Many thanks guys.

BTW love it so far. Been in Tokyo and moving onto Kyoto today. Are Japanese people always unbelievably kind and courteous or is it just because we are tourists?

I use iFollow a lot and it works fine. (Aside from the usual problems of out of sync audio, visual glitches and poor camera work.) I think @Kagoshimaowl uses it all the time.

Yeah, Japanese people are extremely courteous, and their kindness is infectious. I've definitely become a better person for having lived here. Just to add a dash of cynicism, it's sometimes hard to discern what's genuine, as 'honne' and 'tatemae' (Real feelings and public persona) are an important concept in Japanese culture. But it's a wonderful place. Have a great trip!

And Costello, before you ask, I'm shorter than 6ft.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Samurai Blue said:

I use iFollow a lot and it works fine. (Aside from the usual problems of out of sync audio, visual glitches and poor camera work.) I think @Kagoshimaowl uses it all the time.

Yeah, Japanese people are extremely courteous, and their kindness is infectious. I've definitely become a better person for having lived here. Just to add a dash of cynicism, it's sometimes hard to discern what's genuine, as 'honne' and 'tatemae' (Real feelings and public persona) are an important concept in Japanese culture. But it's a wonderful place. Have a great trip!

And Costello, before you ask, I'm shorter than 6ft.

Thanks for that.

Yes it’s affecting my kids. Even my normally offhand youngest is bowing and saying thank you all the time. It’s an absolute delight

We have just left Tokyo on the Bullet train and the conductor bows on entering and before leaving the carriage. Love it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Will I be able to use ifollow on my iPad for Preston? I’ve watched in Europe no problem but do I have to do ANYTHING different in Japan?

Im a complete and utter Noddy with tech, so answers suitable for a 5 year old please.

Many thanks guys.

BTW love it so far. Been in Tokyo and moving onto Kyoto today. Are Japanese people always unbelievably kind and courteous or is it just because we are tourists?

Could you not just nip on back fo't'match?

bigRon.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, littleblue said:

I live in Tokyo and can also confirm iFollow works fine here as-is with no special sauce required. Used it for every game since iFollow started :) 

Thank you that’s great news 

1 hour ago, littleblue said:

I live in Tokyo and can also confirm iFollow works fine here as-is with no special sauce required. Used it for every game since iFollow started :) 

Thank you that’s great news 

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Thanks for that.

Yes it’s affecting my kids. Even my normally offhand youngest is bowing and saying thank you all the time. It’s an absolute delight

We have just left Tokyo on the Bullet train and the conductor bows on entering and before leaving the carriage. Love it.

I'd be no good doing that job, my work colleagues tell me I've got a glass back, they'd see straight through me. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Many thanks guys.

It because your a beautiful Sheffield Wednesday person and the Japanese are beautiful people too. 

Enjoy your trip and just be beautiful.  

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Thanks for that.

You should be absolutely fine mate. I almost never have iFollow problem as long as you use Google Chrome. I’m a total fool with technology too so don’t worry!!

7 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

God I'm bored.. I've just eaten a Twirl and I don't like chocolate particularly..

I'm going to take the bread maker apart..

:biggrin:

tbf that's a tea spitter 

Edited by steelowl

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

As an aside but I’m sure of interest to some on here, I went into a bar and tried craft beers. Needless to say it was total guesswork but every one I tried was to die for.

That's good news. I'm.going to Japan for a month for the Rugby World Cup. Looking forward to the beer selection. And I'll be using ifollow.

• Like 1

Not sure what I expected opening this thread, but I'm 6ft 4 and love a craft beer so am packing my bags, ready to fly out to Japan and be stared at by the ever so polite locals.

(My mate, who's married to a Chinese girl, says that height and blonde hair are a sign of affluence in the East so well received, though she could have just been making him feel better about all the staring - he's also 6ft 4)