Sam Winnall

1 hour ago, SouthRustyOwl said:

His lack of pace was more than alarming.  He got put through down the left not long after coming on but the lead he had was eaten up by a lumbering centre half with ease.  I hope that is down to a lack of match fitness, as if that is his actual pace he has no chance of playing anything other than a target man and he isn't a patch on Fletch in that role. 

I watched him in the warm up pinging balls into the net from all angles and distances. Was hoping he'd get some game time. But oh dear he was shocking. Couldn't run, couldn't tackle, couldn't control a ball, couldn't stay onside, couldn't score even when offside. I can't think of a single good touch that he had. And that one when he was put through, it wasn't just the lack of pace it was the way he miscontrolled it off his kneecap. Clearly he's going to need game-time if he's going to improve but the same is also true of Rhodes and Fessi. If he performs like that, why would Bullen choose to give him the game time and not the others?

48 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Looked off the pace to me.

Couple of times I thought he could have got away but the centre half gobbled the ground up. 

Was he ‘off’ the pace or was he just as slow as he always is ?    

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Was he ‘off’ the pace or was he just as slow as he always is ?    

It's a funny thing because I thought he looked slow...yet...on the other hand I almost thought he was trying too hard.

Difficult to explain what I mean.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's a funny thing because I thought he looked slow...yet...on the other hand I almost thought he was trying too hard.

Difficult to explain what I mean.

Ive seen quite a bit of the bloke and tonight he just looked as slow as he always has been to me, but it’s all subjective ain’t it , good point with the trying too hard aswell 

Guest LittleG
22 hours ago, McRightSide said:

He looks like an academy kid making his debut

Needs to slow down, compose himself and trust his ability

If he'd gone any slower he'd be going backwards!

30 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I was a bit shocked at how he looked in terms of physical condition if I'm honest..way off..

Yep, I agree with this. I thought he was in quite physical poor nick considering he’s had a full pre season after a tough injury. 

Looked way off if, but hopefully when he discovers his spark, he will be a good player for us as I do think he has ability at this level.

36 minutes ago, cowl said:

I thought he looked out of shape.

And I'm a little surprised as he's been back to fitness after his nightmare injury layoff for the best part of 8 months now.

You know that when the two great " white hopes " come on after Fletcher had run his legs to water and Winnall and Rhodes still look slower