Sam Winnall

His lack of pace was more than alarming.  He got put through down the left not long after coming on but the lead he had was eaten up by a lumbering centre half with ease.  I hope that is down to a lack of match fitness, as if that is his actual pace he has no chance of playing anything other than a target man and he isn't a patch on Fletch in that role. 

Just now, SouthRustyOwl said:

His lack of pace was more than alarming.  He got put through down the left not long after coming on but the lead he had was eaten up by a lumbering centre half with ease.  I hope that is down to a lack of match fitness, as if that is his actual pace he has no chance of playing anything other than a target man and he isn't a patch on Fletch in that role. 

I think it's because he isn't sharp enough. 

He really does need significant game time. He came on today about, what, 75mins? Not enough really. Hardly had a sniff at the leather on the ball.

There is going to come a time very soon with the Sat Tues Sat schedule, possible v Rovrum, where I'd like to see Winall and Rhodes both start together up front.

2 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Me too but “run” might be pushing it a bit. Looked very leggy

Then again, Teddy Sheringham was slower than mi gran and he did alright. 

He's had very minimal game time for whatever reason so I think once he gets some minutes under his belt he'll get some pace back. 

Just now, steelerian said:

He really does need significant game time. He came on today about, what, 75mins? Not enough really. Hardly had a sniff at the leather on the ball.

There is going to come a time very soon with the Sat Tues Sat schedule, possible v Rovrum, where I'd like to see Winall and Rhodes both start together up front.

Agreed,  was thinking we could play a few fringe players against Bury but sadly not. I think Fletcher and Winnall will get rotated a bit more as the season progresses with Rhodes getting a bit of game time here and there.

13 minutes ago, SouthRustyOwl said:

Thought someone had put drawing pins in his boots when he got put through with 10

minutes to go. So slow it’s painful.