Premier League 2019/20

Liverpool's record is unreal. Just a matter of time before they lift the title but how boring is it seeing teams run away with the League? They only need 7 more wins and look like going unbeaten the entire season. Looking at most of the other top Leagues around Europe, the most open and entertaining looks like the Bundesliga? Just 3 points between the top 4 in that League. Crazy how far Man City are behind Liverpool this season. Think they've rued not going out and getting a top quality centre back. Hope next season is more open but it's hard to see anyone else getting anywhere near the level of Liverpool or Man City anytime soon.

2 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Liverpool's record is unreal. Just a matter of time before they lift the title but how boring is it seeing teams run away with the League? They only need 7 more wins and look like going unbeaten the entire season. Looking at most of the other top Leagues around Europe, the most open and entertaining looks like the Bundesliga? Just 3 points between the top 4 in that League. Crazy how far Man City are behind Liverpool this season. Think they've rued not going out and getting a top quality centre back. Hope next season is more open but it's hard to see anyone else getting anywhere near the level of Liverpool or Man City anytime soon.

Wasnt the same said of Arsenal's "Invincibles"?

7 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really do rate Wolves as a club. Play some lovely stuff. As I’ve said not so long ago there where lots of similarities with us and them. Hope they beat Man U tonight. 

They do, but it’s all due to money and a relationship with a super agent.

That’s not a criticism, it’s the kind of thing you need to compete now.

Guest Bulgaria
On 30/01/2020 at 22:31, SiJ said:

Go and ask a West Ham what they think of it. 

Every West Ham fan I've ever seen talk about that stadium absolutely hates it. 

They never wanted to leave Upton Park. 

If they were top of the league playing amazing footie West Ham fans would love the new stadium.

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

Just watched an interview with Solskjaer. My god that Man Utd job has finally aged him. 
gone from baby face to wrinkled old man within a few months. I bet that job isn’t good for stress levels. 

I said this to wife after Man City game, same thing happened to David Moyes when he was in charge. 

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

The games absolutely gone.  It’s like a clown show. 2 minutes played on and they give a pen that should have been seen on a replay after 10 seconds.  Beyond a joke 

Totally agree. Just watching it with my 6 year old. He's asking me what has just happened. I can't begin to give him an answer he'll understand. The game is done. 

6 minutes ago, alanharper said:

If VAR are adamant that it's a penalty why don't they tell Dean to stop the game instead of playing on for 2 minutes?  It'd have been even more farcical / hilarious if Spurs had scored in that time. 

I do wonder what happens if a team scores while var are checking sh!t.

Goal chalked off?

Honestly, the one upside to being a crap Championship team, is not having to put up with this VAR nonsense. 

Trying to make an imperfect game perfect. 

It doesn't work. 

Swear that the authorities want actual football to be just like a game of FIFA on the PlayStation. 

4 minutes ago, ronnie said:

Goal chalked off?

Will have to be.

VAR causes more problems then it solves.

If people in the video box room cant decide after 10 secs & 1 replay then its not a clear and obvious mistake so go with the on field ref.

3 minutes ago, ronnie said:

Goal chalked off?

Yeah, has to be. Not sure if it's actually happened yet but I remember in the Nations League last summer Switzerland having a penalty appeal rejected by the ref, they played on and Portugal were awarded a pen at the other end only for VAR to pull it back for the original foul and award Switzerland the pen. 

Just now, Bulgaria said:

So you agree.

It is a moot point. 

If West Ham were top of he league then they wouldn't mind that stadium as much....

You know, like you coming up with that is some sort of brilliant thought that no one else could come up with. 

West Ham are actually going backwards at an alarming rate and, as things stand, they'll be in the Championship before too long. 

Moving to the Olympic stadium was meant to take them onto the next level. It has in fact done the opposite whilst also ripping the soul of the club.