Premier League 2019/20

On 26/01/2020 at 19:06, WalthamOwl said:

Looks like Eriksen will complete his move to Inter for 16.8 million. Be a big loss for Spurs. When on form he’s a real quality player. 

He's been a lost to Spurs for about 6 months, just hasn't been interested since he made his mind up to leave.

13 hours ago, agentwalker said:

Just watching the liverpool game. How come the pen wasn't ruled out for handball? seems one rule for the big boys and another for everyone else.

It was deemed accidental. The new law about the attacking team being penalised for accidentally handling the ball is only for if it's part of the move that ends in the goal, not if it's part of the move that ends in a penalty.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

It’s a very nice ground tbf 

I thought it was a bit strange to watch football in when I went a couple of years ago. The way the lower tier blocks have huge empty spaces behind makes it feel really disjointed, although admittedly the atmosphere wasn't as bad I was expecting it to be (it was a League Cup tie).

But the oddest thing for me was that fans were carrying big buckets of popcorn instead of pies and burgers.

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

lol that’s southerners for you mate,thought you would be used to the oddness  living down there.

i have been twice, once normal seats second was corporate. The corporate was fantastic best I have been too.  But tbf I thought the ground would be horrible, I don’t like many of the new grounds but I think it was good. And like you said the atmosphere was decent. 

I'm from Surrey. Never seen it before in my life.

2 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Have you been? If so I’m not sure what your judging it on?

Just look at them. 

Every time you watch them on tv they look like a club dying on its feet. 

West Ham have lost their soul, there is no life there anymore. 

Upton Park (Boleyn Ground) was a fantastic stadium, with an amazing atmosphere. 

There is a difference between being a great stadium and a great football stadium. 

Anything with a running track is the flipping sh*ts. 

2 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Have you been? If so I’m not sure what your judging it on?

He's probably judging it on the opinion of most West Ham fans who would move back to Upton Park in a heartbeat.

It may look nice, it may have great corporate facilities but it was not built for football and the football fans inside it do not want their club to be there. This has contributing to the general negative vibe that has been a part of the club since they moved. 

56 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Just look at them. 

Every time you watch them on tv they look like a club dying on its feet. 

West Ham have lost their soul, there is no life there anymore. 

Upton Park (Boleyn Ground) was a fantastic stadium, with an amazing atmosphere. 

There is a difference between being a great stadium and a great football stadium. 

Anything with a running track is the flipping sh*ts. 

Tru dat

The way the stands are designed means the fans are just too far from the pitch and any atmosphere gets lost in space. Now the modern amenities of the stadium and its transport connections are no doubt great but they don't do anything for what goes on inside the ground.

Now you look at how the Spurs ground has been designed you can see how they've maintained the closeness like it was at WHL.

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

I disagree, I watched them against Bournemouth, hardly a big game but the atmosphere was very good and as I said was very pleasantly surprised in general. 
I haven’t been to the new spurs ground yet but I’m looking forward to seeing it. 

You must have caught them on a good day.

https://talksport.com/football/580112/ranking-premier-league-atmosphere-home-stadium-worst-best/

there are some surveys in which the stadium ranks favourably, but these are in factors such as modernity and corporate areas, not factors which the traditional fan base woould see as a priority.

As you say, thee quality of the stadium can't be argued with but the feeling of home as a football ground is far more important in generating a positive atmosphere regularly for home games. It was ideal for the purpose it was built for, not football. 

20 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

think they lost 3-1 can’t remember tbf I’m only talking about the crowd noise and atmosphere. Nowhere near as bad as people make out. I would t say it’s the best but nowhere near the worst. 
as you say the facilities are brilliant as for talk sport I can’t take anything they say serious lol all they do is have two presenters at the opposite end of each topic spectrum to wee wee people off. 

Not going to argue with that, not listened to any of their phone-in based shows for years, only serves to try and wind people up.