Premier League 2019/20

There was one incident in the Norwich game where it was obviously a corner to Norwich.

Absolute nonsense from ref to give a goal kick but we don’t bother with VAR for such things. Took sky two seconds to show it.

Norwich then have a great goal disallowed for Pukki being given millimetres offside when the technology can’t work to that accuracy.

Either use VAR with some level of common sense or get rid. As currently used it just increases the level of fan’s frustration with decisions and officials.

6 hours ago, JoshTheOwl said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the offside view via VAR? 

how can your arm a couple of inches in front be an advantage? And also how can they say Pukkis goal is offside at the angel they were reviewing it?! 

Well, it is hard to avoid at Christmas

:bullen:

VAR tho'

• Haha 1

They don’t even have the right angle to give offside a lot of the time.When they’re looking for an offside, if you’re talking millimetres, it’s absolutely impossible for them to call it offside with the technology they have available. They need to leave it with the on field call.

I've said it before and I’ll say it again, Stockley Park is a complete waste of time. A lot of decisions are subjective, by using Stockley Park, you add an additional level of subjectivity. A quick glance at a replay can usually determine whether or not there may have been an error. Just tell the referee to go and have a look, it really isn’t rocket science and, works well on the continent. Why we have to wee wee about is beyond me.

10 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Not sure on the Liverpool goal either. 

referee to me blows the whistle Before mane scores?! 

This is exactly my point In the post above, the referee has given handball, even if Mane scores before the ref blows, what gives the VAR authority to over ride? The ref clearly sees it and makes a decision.

On 28/12/2019 at 17:21, SiJ said:

You think he'd do a good job at managing a team currently in the Championship? 

I'm sorry, but I don't see how that makes him better than what he is: an average PL manager. 

Who are all these young players he's brought through at Bournemouth? 

As for this they're a "tiny" club: 

Yes, they are. But they also have the backing of a Russian billionaire. 

Yes I do think he’d do a good job. Surely an average PL manager is very likely to be an upgrade on an average Championship manager and the fact that Howe took Bournemouth up from League 2 to the Premier League and they are now into their 5th season in the top tier speaks volumes about his achievements and his Championship credentials. Sure they’ve got a rich owner but so have many clubs, some (like us) who struggle to get promotion despite having one and others who struggle to keep their status when they final get promoted like Villa this season  and Fulham last. And let’s be honest, Bournemouth are hardly a team of household names are they? Their Captain for instance came up with them from the bottom tier.  

As for bringing younger players through, somebody’s already named a couple I see but I was also thinking for instance of the way he started  Brooks from the off last season unlike Wilder who seemed to see him as bench at best a number of quality young loanees Bournemouth have have over the years obviously I assume because the parent clubs know they’ll be taught to play the right way. They’ve had some injuries this season which have affected them but in previous seasons they’ve been as good as any team to watch entertainment wise.

Anyway as always I respect your views, it’s all about opinions and I personally would love to see Howe at the Wednesday.

This is something I've been thinking about for a while now, and I apologise in advance if it seems a bit crackpot.

I think the Premier League are intentionally ruining VAR.

Admittedly, it isn't very hard. But their lack of using the one piece of it that had success in the World Cup and champions League baffles me, and to me, the only reasonable explanation for it is they are attempting to undermine it.

It's very clear that the Prem dont want VAR. They never did, but was pressured by FIFA to introduce it.

If it works bad though, they have an excuse to scrap it in the summer.

At the moment, its working terrible, and hats off to them if it is their plan, because it is working as I dont see anyone complaining about keeping VAR when they scrap it come May.

2 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Call me sceptical, but I just can’t accept a title race is over in December.

Not even Man Utd in their pomp had it sewn up before new year.

Much as I'd like this to be true, I just don't see anyone catching em. Even if they got close var would step in. Their name has been on the trophy since the end of last season. Its gonna be unbearable. It'll be the greatest triumph, by the greatest team, for the greatest fans. There'll be special programmes on every channel. Think I'll hibernate. 

• Haha 1