Joao to Reading

Just now, sheffwed1 said:

You are a nutcase

Compare him to Harris. He walked out at the end of his contract, we got him on a free. You’re honestly telling me Joao is a better player? Why keep paying a bloke who can’t be arsed, just because some arbitrary (imaginary) value has been placed on his head? It’s crazy. He’s not suddenly going to become a class player, he just hasn’t got the effort in him to do it.

21 minutes ago, mogbad said:

He's had 3 managers here & hasn't shown the right attitude most of the time. 

He's got a laid back style for sure but he's scored a goal in every three appearances for the last couple of seasons. He has a great ability to just turn it on when needed in my opinion. There's certainly a good number of players I would want to off load ahead of him.

Service to our forwards has been poo for years due to bizarre tactics and recruitment. He's been mismanaged and the coaching is not up to snuff which is why he hasn't developed in the way he could. He needs a rocket up the arse and to be paired with suitable players in a system which suits him. He's not going to get any of that here so for both of our sakes he needs to move on,

1 hour ago, Matthew Thomas said:

Compare him to Harris. He walked out at the end of his contract, we got him on a free. You’re honestly telling me Joao is a better player? Why keep paying a bloke who can’t be arsed, just because some arbitrary (imaginary) value has been placed on his head? It’s crazy. He’s not suddenly going to become a class player, he just hasn’t got the effort in him to do it.

Harris has only just walked through the door, lets judge him in 6 months.

People are so precious. If he was a player anywhere else would anyone really think he was all that good? I honestly doubt it. Because his wages are paid by our club it’s seen as a bad thing to be honest about the fact he’s failed to meet the potential he had. I’m just being honest.

I'm not one to normally big Joao up, but ive got a sneaky feeling this will be his best season so far. Besides, why would we get rid of joao bit keep nuhiu and winnall from a footballing point of view? Couple of mil from them would pay wages of a decent loanee...

1 minute ago, Matthew Thomas said:

People are so precious. If he was a player anywhere else would anyone really think he was all that good? I honestly doubt it. Because his wages are paid by our club it’s seen as a bad thing to be honest about the fact he’s failed to meet the potential he had. I’m just being honest.

You're  been honest about your opinion, in my honest opinion he needs to be played week in week out, best striker at the club.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

You're  been honest about your opinion, in my honest opinion he needs to be played week in week out, best striker at the club.

Jesus. That’s right. I’d see Jesus up top before Joao. And Jesus is basically a zombie. And entirely fictional.

• Haha 1