Joao to Reading

Guest LittleG
16 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Aren't ours/Reading owners best mates too?

giphy.gif

Don't think so, they are owned by a Chinese businessman.

Easily worth £8m in today's market.

Averaged a goal every 161 minutes in the Championship last season, McBurnie returned a goal every 155 minutes and he's just gone for £20m.  Obviously he didn't sustain that over a full season as McBurnie did, but it could also be compared to £8m Callum Robinson's goal every 170 minutes who didn't play a full season either. And Gary Madine's record at Bolton after his only Championship purple patch was a goal every 247 minutes and he went for £6m in the slightly less inflated market of 18 months ago.

I'd still rather sell them Rhodes for half the price though!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

If anyone is daft enough to offer us upwards of 5mill, sell.

Flattered to deceive for far too long IMO.

Why?? Dont see the infactuation with our fanbase on selling players lower than the current transfer rate? Why shouldn't we ask £8m for a 25 year old with promise? When he is at it he is a very good forward. 

4 minutes ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Why?? Dont see the infactuation with our fanbase on selling players lower than the current transfer rate? Why shouldn't we ask £8m for a 25 year old with promise? When he is at it he is a very good forward. 

The big issue for me re: Joao is his application.

He's been here 4 years now, and hasn't kicked on at all. It's no good him turning it on when he fancies it. Which, for me, is why we'll get no-one offering anywhere near 8mill for him.

4 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Easily worth £8m in today's market.

Averaged a goal every 161 minutes in the Championship last season, McBurnie returned a goal every 155 minutes and he's just gone for £20m.  Obviously he didn't sustain that over a full season as McBurnie did, but it could also be compared to £8m Callum Robinson's goal every 170 minutes who didn't play a full season either. And Gary Madine's record at Bolton after his only Championship purple patch was a goal every 247 minutes and he went for £6m in the slightly less inflated market of 18 months ago.

I'd still rather sell them Rhodes for half the price though!

In an ideal world, yes. However, £4m for Rhodes will simply pay off the remaining debt to Boro and leave us with £0 to strengthen. £8m for Joao, on the other hand, will allow give Mr Chansiri £8m to give to his new manager if he wishes to do so.

1 hour ago, Jaydubz said:

What part of him is complete please?

In terms of his footballing ability, I would also say he is a complete player, h can do everything pretty well.

His application isn’t what it should be, having said that Isn't he our top goal scorer per games played over the last few seasons?

8 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

In an ideal world, yes. However, £4m for Rhodes will simply pay off the remaining debt to Boro and leave us with £0 to strengthen. £8m for Joao, on the other hand, will allow give Mr Chansiri £8m to give to his new manager if he wishes to do so.

We would also not have to pay his fairly substantial wages, which would also give the new man some flexibility with loans etc.

1 hour ago, Sticky belly said:

Depends what they would offer i guess. He's the most complete striker we have but i'm not sure he has the right application to ever be a true success. If the money is right i would move him on too....

compared to who, Westwood? 

Let him go for me, he's never going to be the answer to what we need. 

1 minute ago, Spookone said:

We would also not have to pay his fairly substantial wages, which would also give the new man some flexibility with loans etc.

True, but despite the high salary, it's still only £2m for the year - doesn't get you much these days, even on a loan deal (Norwich paid that just to loan Rhodes last season!).

If we could get £8m for Joao and Rhodes away for another season on loan for £2m, we'd be laughing! Sadly, that sort of thing doesn't happen to us!