• Ian Holloway
    • David Moyes
    • David Wagner
    • Domenico Tedesco
    • Bruno Labbadia

2 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

half that list wouldn’t know where Hillsboro is

hughton not coming and irrational antipathy to Megson

Monk - a haunted cupboard, Rowett a battered Cortina, Pulis a poor mans Megson, Cook = Steve Burtenshaw revisited. 

Bloke who talks most sense on Talksport is Dean Saunders #justsaying

Unfortunately falls into the Souness- Keane category of manager type....

That the players in front of them cant get anywhere near the level they played to /skillset ....

Thus as a result lose the dressing room 

And them (ie-Saunders lose their sanity)lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Unfortunately falls into the Souness- Keane category of manager type....

That the players in front of them cant get anywhere near the level they played to /skillset ....

Thus as a result lose the dressing room 

And them (ie-Saunders lose their sanity)lol

That sounds like a description of the majority of us on here too, as our managers can't get anywhere near our level on Championship Manager; Football Manager, PES and Fifa :ph34r::ghoulguy:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

That sounds like a description of the majority of us on here too, as our managers can't get anywhere near our level on Championship Manager; Football Manager, PES and Fifa :ph34r::ghoulguy:

Still on spectrum ZX here 

I'm doing an upgrade to an Amiga 500 soon ....

Good old MS DOS** eh?

**Also bats for India .......

• Haha 4

I don't think we need to go chasing our next manager.

Leave it open to applicants, and see what comes up. 

My only reservation at the moment is that we don't have a long term strategy in place to have a coach/manager that will come in as a successor to what's gone before, and keep the momentum going. It needs to have someone at the helm who has a record of creating stability, hopefully with stuff that's good to watch. 

Squad looks like it's reset to the similar shape it was in when CC took over, that's taken 2 seasons to achieve. 

Why not leave it in Bully's hands until we get someone that fits the ethos of the club, and have an individual that is fighting to be Wednesday manager, rather than going simply on reputation? 

Younger coach, with fresher ideas and enthusiasm for the club would suit.

A vote for David Wagners spoilt ballot paper,hes the boss at Schalke and wont come here,mind you Id get out of england quick if I had to live in huddersfield!

I wouldnt be opposed to a few on the list some decent CVs if they apply,Karanka,Monk,Rowett all know this division well,Moyes for me is the standout,get him while you still can

Van Bronckhorst and Bruno Génésio are a cut above the rest and if they were realistic options we should do everything we could to get them over the line.

I suspect we'll end up with a proven British championship manager like Monk or Rowett but I'd take a chance on Dennis Bergkamp if he was up for it.

Edited by TrueOwl

8 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Perhaps it would be nice to go for a manager that’s already in a job. The majority (not all) of managers out of work are out of a job for a reason. Let’s use the compensation money and perhaps get someone from another club. 

At least 6 of the names in this poll are managers who are currently employed by other clubs.

Im still interested to know what other realistic names people are expecting to see on these lists that would excite them. 

11 hours ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Arteta for me, partly because of his connections to Man City and potential for players on loan.

I watched City beat West Ham in Asia trophy last night and they had young team out most of whom I had never heard of and they made a good West Ham side struggle and West Ham were supposedly more forward of teams.

It is first list which has had some decent names upon it and found it difficult to chose but eventually went for Arteta for above reason and I think he would do well.

I think it would be hard to convince him to join us but no harm in trying.

IF our embargo is soon to be lifted and we have some money to spend, Sheffield Wednesday are a good first job for a manager like Arteta. As Derby are/were for Lampard. We’re a big club with passionate fans and the ambitions are to be in the PL. anyone already based in England will know the championship is getting more coverage these days so it’s hardly a drop into obscurity 

I'd like Chansiri to offer the job to Martin O'Neill. He's consistently coached teams into punching well above their weight throughout his career.

But, this being Wednesday, and considering the current high team spirit and seemingly good fitness levels, we'll probarberbarbly end up with a random, unknown foreign manager with daft ideas about training and a divisive approach to morale.