• Mikel Arteta
    • Fred Rutten
    • Patrick Viera
    • Ian Holloway
    • David Moyes
    • David Wagner
    • Domenico Tedesco
    • Bruno Labbadia

Giovanni van Bronckhurst. Very popular for some reason.... Is it because his middle name is van? Or because his name ends in hurst?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_van_Bronckhorst

He's worked abroad and lived in London, Glasgow and Barcelona, surely Sheffield must be on his bucket list of places to work and live?

I can't see any Championship Management experience on his CV though, so its a Megson from me

garymegson

34 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

new-logo-1.jpg

Ok, it's not the definitive poll but I want to get a grasp and general idea of which way we're leaning.

You will note there are a couple missing from the original bookies list.

That's because I can only list 20.

I have removed several for the following reasons-:

• Zola - Because genuinly no bugger wants him

• Bullen - Because he's said many times he absolutley loves the club but doesn't want the main gig.

• Pearson- Because he's on record saying -several times- he wouldn't manage in the city his family live in because he wouldn't want the hassle 

• Sol Campbell- Because he's a Sol Campbell

• Lazio Balint - See @i used to be sc_owl's  thread!

• Alan Pardew-  Because he's a southern spiv ...and once cost me on a significant accumulator.

• Carlos Carvalhal - Don't want the thread to descend to squabbling!

• Fatih Tekke-  You just can't have that name being pronounced by Yorkshiremen. Sounds like what you call your chum when he takes a desperate last dance pull home.

Vote now!

I assume you have told Mr C that you are unable to take up the position of First Team Manager at Wednesday due to your commitments on here? And why is Aleister Crowley not on the list?

7 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I assume you have told Mr C that you are unable to take up the position of First Team Manager at Wednesday due to your commitments on here? And why is Aleister Crowley not on the list?

Turns out Crowleys ruled out on account of him being on limbo.

As for me. ...what an insult !

snoot.png.ed3b770f227ad050dc01c34d712e2d5a.png

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Proper bang average list that is. Really hope DC can pull something out of the hat. 

Out of interest what names are you hoping to see that wouldn’t be bang average? 

Personally I feel this list is very unrealistic, even though I’ve voted for Arteta. The likes of Arteta, GVB, Bergkamp, Vieira, Genesio, Wagner, Tedesco are coming nowhere near S6 anytime soon. Even the likes of Cowley and Stendal are probably unlikely too. 

The realistic list for a mid table championship club should probably just be Pulis, Rowett, Coleman, Monk and Zola. 

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

Personally I feel this list is very unrealistic, even though I’ve voted for Arteta. The likes of Arteta, GVB, Bergkamp, Vieira, Genesio, Wagner, Tedesco are coming nowhere near S6 anytime soon. Even the likes of Cowley and Stendal are probably unlikely too. 

The realistic list for a mid table championship club should probably just be Pulis, Rowett, Coleman, Monk and Zola. 

And the Wildcard to the Championship List is Megson . He is the only rational choice....

I have a very old friend who after realising he's wasted his youth idolising Ian Rush and Liverpool now goes to the Lane.... 

He scoffed at the idea of Mesgon been appointed our next Manager as us desperately trying to find our Wilder. My answer was "Wilder is their Megson." ...Always imitated, never bettered.

Megson had already won Automatic with a strike force of Madine and McGoldrick before Wilder got the idea. Megson would have walked League One and the Championship if Madine had kept his nose clean, Ben Marshall had been our player and stayed and Mandaric had not fallen out with him. I'd like to know the inside story on Mandaric and Megson, but its relevant now. Maybe the pressure built between them after losing Madine and Marshall?

I am sure Megson has learnt his lesson. Mr C, you need someone you can rely on this time.

garymegson

Realistically, I'd be happy with Monk, Cook or Rowett. Slightly uninspiring choices but in the circumstances there's something to be said for a safe pair of hands. At different times, all have shown that they can work on a budget and have won more games than they've lost and know the league.

Stendel, Cowley or GvB would be more of a risk but if we're going to roll the dice a bit more then one of them might surprise everyone and take us to the next level. 

I'd like us to steel clear of Holloway, Coleman and Karanka.

For me Hughton is the stand out choice. I'd take Genesio, good record, well above our level but maybe DC could pull off a blinder. It would be the sort of surprise he would go for and someone the fans could unite behind (maybe)

After that Wagner, Karanka. Van Bronckhorst or Arteta. in that order or find another list.

31 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Perhaps it would be nice to go for a manager that’s already in a job. The majority (not all) of managers out of work are out of a job for a reason. Let’s use the compensation money and perhaps get someone from another club. 

5 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

It's Gio time, he'll be the classiest looking Wednesday manager since Big Ron, plus he gets his suits from the same tailor as Lord Snooty, what's more to like about a potential Wednesday manager... :ph34r:

d1c7209678459.560d820339d12.jpg

Man at B&M..............WTF:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

It's Gio time, he'll be the classiest looking Wednesday manager since Big Ron, plus he gets his suits from the same tailor as Lord Snooty, what's more to like about a potential Wednesday manager... :ph34r:

d1c7209678459.560d820339d12.jpg

This would be an insult to the memory of Carlos and his tailor.

20190717_222904.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

Gio's classier and he's got the pedigree as a player, coach and manager to back up his classy clothing, unlike Carlos :ph34r:

I think Lucas Joao would spit his dummy out if the Manager turned up in more expensive Sunglasses than his. 

garymegson

• Haha 1