Dale Johnson Tweets

Don’t post much - excellent set of tweets from this Dale Johnson fella. My feelings exactly. Wasn’t particularly impressed with the manner of his appointment but was told I was heartless (on here). Showed a lack of commitment or appetite for the Club IMO. We were “BTN” - better than nothing. Can’t deny I have been impressed (and excited) with the upturn since Bruce arrived - but belatedly it seems my suspicions were ultimately correct.

i genuinely feel sorry for the truly committed fans he has betrayed - so much promise for the season, and now what?

You just have to move on and let it go - you and, the Club, will survive.

Brilliant read, saying what we all think. If Bruce reads that he would be scratching head and see no wrong doing. Is that Dale Johnson a Wednesdayite? 

Again mentioned agents, does a player/manager have to use an agent? It seems that agents are ruining football and a player/manger doesn't seem to do anything with his own head. 

Edited by Mr. Chow

6 hours ago, barmyowl1212 said:

If anything as well its made us fans look like dicks as most wanted him before Jos was sacked and made it clear to DC. Now our choice has gone it Makes you think you dont know what to think and when you have thought about it you are none the wiser.

Most of us were fooled. But after Lukuhay, getting the fans on side and the team moving the right way wasn't that difficult. Bully did part of it. 

Reinstating two fans favourites wasn't rocket science, and when it came down to it, the games that cost us were away at The Millers and st home to mighty Reading. So he wasn't the messiah, just somebody in the right place at the right time.

I never thought he was long term and suspected he'd fancy the toon job but never thought he'd go because he was on easy street here.

In many ways we've lost out, he won't give a sh!t but lady Karma tends to play her hand along the way.

I hope the next cabbage that's thrown at him is frozen and hits him right between the eyes.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

What happens if SB fails to agree terms or isn’t even appointed in the end. Are we entitled to compo? Both clubs potentially lose out, along with three twohats hopefully cast into football oblivion.

That's the worst part. They wouldn't remain unemployed for long. Football lost its moral compass about 25 years ago.

Makes you wonder what sort of person bruce is to do this. Hes obviously quite well off, yet clearly doesnt care what people think of him. Hes happy for the vast majority of people to think hes a lying scumbag.  

Really hope he makes a b****** of it and gets sacked by christmas.

Absolute lying snake

• Like 1

Interesting read. I work with a load of Geordies and not one of them has said a good word about Bruce. Their main focus is on the fizzing Maccam thing and how much they hate him for that, followed by their hatred for MA. They generally all agree Bruce is nowhere near as good as 'Rafa' and that Ashley only wants him to help him sell the club before he is sacked for bigger and better. Good luck Brucie!

Aside from keeping Toon in the Prem what can he realistically achieve? Largely unpopular with the fan base he's open to dogs abuse if he falters in the least.

The biggest shame for him (and us) is that he has passed up the opportunity of becoming a legend at S6 for the rest of his life.

Considering the package he was on, the compassionate stance DC took when he arrived and the positivity he's enjoyed from the fans, I really am left scratching my head.

Maybe it's the pull of the bright lights of the Prem. Dunno.

Loyalty in football is a rare commodity these days. The majority of managers are simply self serving greedy gets and Bruce is the ultimate example.

Pulling this stunt within 3 weeks of the new season is about as bad as it gets.

Respect to DC in all of this, he's a tenacious man with unwavering commitment and believe one day he will get the reward he deserves.

When that day comes I hope Bruce is sitting in a bedsit in South Shields, kebab in hand, chilli sauce on his chin thinking 'that should've been me'

What it growing odder by the day is that Newcastle haven't yet formally announced Bruce et al as their manager/coaching team even though the latter trio have apparently resigned from Sheffield Wednesday.

You would have thought that Ashley would be trumpeting the news from the top of the Tyne Bridge and telling all his fans customers that good times are just around the corner.

In a nutshell, Bruce has gone but no appointment announced yet.

There's something not quite right here and I suspect that the saga hasn't ended yet.

1 minute ago, Musn't Grumble said:

What it growing odder by the day is that Newcastle haven't yet formally announced Bruce et al as their manager/coaching team even though the latter trio have apparently resigned from Sheffield Wednesday.

You would have thought that Ashley would be trumpeting the news from the top of the Tyne Bridge and telling all his fans customers that good times are just around the corner.

In a nutshell, Bruce has gone but no appointment announced yet.

There's something not quite right here and I suspect that the saga hasn't ended yet.

Apologies... Bruce has just been announced in the time it took me to write this!

Pope's dead and all that...