Leave it to bullen

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

But that's stating the obvious. He's been used as a short term stop gap many times before.

No reason why he wouldn't be again. We don't progress during that period though and never have.

I trust our Chairman to be moving heaven and earth to get the RIGHT Manager in quickly.

The Pigs are in the Premier league.

All those advocating a nice little Bully tread water spell realise that right ?

Mind the gap ? They are laughing at us. We need to be progressing. Urgently. We don't like losing our City.

Who would you suggest from the list who would excite you though, or are there alternatives that the bookies have overlooked who are within our affordability.

Just now, debram said:

Who would you suggest from the list who would excite you though, or are there alternatives that the bookies have overlooked who are within our affordability.

That's the Chairman's job, not mine.

We are a great club, with the wealthiest Chairman we've ever had, on the brink of the Premier League.

Be foooked if I'm going to compromise on which Manager we are going to pay a fortune to for the privilege though.

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

That's the Chairman's job, not mine.

We are a great club, with the wealthiest Chairman we've ever had, on the brink of the Premier League.

Be foooked if I'm going to compromise on which Manager we are going to pay a fortune to for the privilege though.

Non of the top managers will touch us without a massive transfer kitty which we cant provide.

David Moyes - probably not a popular candidate but I think his style of play is well suited to the championship. 

Most were happy with Bruce as a top end champ, low prem manager. Moyes has been a well established prem mgr and was perhaps unlucky not to get the west ham job, did a decent job I'm led to believe. 

No idea if we want him, he wants us, but worth considering imo. 

Just now, deano said:

David Moyes - probably not a popular candidate but I think his style of play is well suited to the championship. 

Most were happy with Bruce as a top end champ, low prem manager. Moyes has been a well established prem mgr and was perhaps unlucky not to get the west ham job, did a decent job I'm led to believe. 

No idea if we want him, he wants us, but worth considering imo. 

Do you not think Moyes and his brother McLaren are 2 of the worst Managers in British football history ?

Clue.

Yes they are.

45 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

Yet in another post you said leave it till we get the right man?

i don’t think Bullen is the long term answer but for a few days/weeks he’s probably the sensible choice, at least while the dust settles.

Temp manager ok. Long term no

I do not want hasty solution which we regret and some of names are hopeless, there seemed to be what I would call urgent dash to replace.. Giving it a few days no problem, we have fitness trainer in place and nod doubt Thompson can continue where Agnew and Clemence left off and hold fort for a couple of weeks. I think two weeks should be enough to get decent manager in place. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Do you not think Moyes and his brother McLaren are 2 of the worst Managers in British football history ?

Clue.

Yes they are.

Not a fan of mclaren at all but Moyes is worth considering. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sova said:

The thing is, apart from it being so close to the season it's not a bad time to be looking for a manager now as a lot will have left their last jobs at the end of last season. If the right man isn't available now, that presumably means gambling on a decent manager getting sacked in the first month of the season. So I don't see the logic in waiting.

Has rafa got anything lined up yet??? 

We could use the argument to entice him of how sweet it would be getting us promoted whilst watching Ashley and Bruce's Newcastle get relagated.

Maybe he'd be on board with that lol

2 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Has rafa got anything lined up yet??? 

We could use the argument to entice him of how sweet it would be getting us promoted whilst watching Ashley and Bruce's Newcastle get relagated.

Maybe he'd be on board with that lol

Or perhaps the 12 odd million he is getting from China may change his mind.

lol

2 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

Instead of panicking and getting a manager to implement his ideas so close to new season I think leave it to bullen he’s shown he’s capable I past. He also clearly worked with Bruce so has an idea of Bruce’s plans etc so surely bullen can put his own twist to it therefore not changing much so close to season anyway. I don’t see the rush and necessity to sign a manager so close to season. 

Biggest thing with Bruce leaving for me is all the backroom staff going too, it was the whole coaching team, it's a lot of work for just Bullen to take on, and that's not to mention his average record and lack of experience. We need a complete coaching team to come in. 

18 minutes ago, emersonthome said:

8 points from 4 games last time out. 

No disrespect to Bullen, I’m grateful for the job he does, but I really feel you could have picked anyone out the Kop and they would have got an immediate post-Jos reaction from the squad. Starting the season is a whole different task.

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

Go on then stick your neck out, tell us who you want.

Put your body armour on first though.

Free agent. GVB. In work, we've got 4m+ to go for someone, let's try our luck. 

1 hour ago, debram said:

But if we don't want to get anyone now, who would you say we should be waiting/hoping to become available?