Leave it to bullen

Just now, gurujuan said:

That is the issue there, we are already playing games, after preparing to play in a certain way, and we are probably a few phone calls away from completing the squad. There is no time to assess the squad, bring in your own players, and start implementing a different way of playing, so the rush to appoint a manager right now is pointless

Of course there is time to assess the squad and bring in new players (you said they’re a phone call away) and there is no need to implement a new style if the right person is identified. Never mind the fact that these ‘few phone calls’ might not be so easy when those players are told that Lee Bullen is the man.

It is not a case of rushing, it’s a case of making the right decision according to the standard we require. You think Bullen is that standard, I’m surprised and you’re wrong, but that’s your choice.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That is the issue there, we are already playing games, after preparing to play in a certain way, and we are probably a few phone calls away from completing the squad. There is no time to assess the squad, bring in your own players, and start implementing a different way of playing, so the rush to appoint a manager right now is pointless

So what you are basically saying then is give it to Bullen. Because at some point the new manager is going to want to do all that stuff you just said. So isn't that best done in pre season not when we have 4 games in 10 days.

The way I see it is that if we get the right man we can recover from a disrupted pre season and still have a chance, whereas if we make a panic appointment there’s a greater chance we go through the process all over again around Christmas time. Obviously no guarantees either way!

24 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

I don't understand this "wait for the right person" bõllocks. What does that even mean? Wait for the right person to be sacked, resign, what? The right person is already there, we'll just have to pay to get them.

Go on then stick your neck out, tell us who you want.

Put your body armour on first though.

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

So what you are basically saying then is give it to Bullen. Because at some point the new manager is going to want to do all that stuff you just said. So isn't that best done in pre season not when we have 4 games in 10 days.

Yep, I’m saying there is no need to rush an appointment

Bullen is the ideal candidate. 

We need to improve the playing squad and our money should be diverted to players. As it stands we have a mid table squad no matter who is in charge. It’s the same squad as has finished mid table for last 2 years. A great manager probably gets us to 9th, a bad one to 19th. 

Bullen will be fine and will guide us to mid table. The key is we divert as much money as we can to improving the playing squad.

Guest The Horse

Do we really need a manager anyway?

We could break the mould by being a progressive, modern collective where the players share ideas on how to play against each team, decide the best idea and play to that.

Player power is supposedly rife these days so why not put the burden on them.

Would certainly bamboozle the opposition. :biggrin:

I don’t want Bullen, but if Chansiri is shopping for managers in the 4th division of Armenia then I’d much rather it be Bully. Last thing I want is another unknown, we’ve got a decent Championship side and we need someone with experience of this division to get the best out of our players. 

1 hour ago, Quist said:

No.

Yet in another post you said leave it till we get the right man?

i don’t think Bullen is the long term answer but for a few days/weeks he’s probably the sensible choice, at least while the dust settles.

No. No. No.

To big. Too important.

This season has to be another of progression not treading water. He doesn't even want the job ffs.

Why are some of our fans so sentimental and silly ? I swear they'd give the job to Big Dave if they could, as he tries hard and is one of us.

Unbelievable.

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Bullen....seriously? 

Have people not learnt from the last few years? He isn’t even close to being the answer

The mind boggles. Shown no aptitude for the job whatsoever.

HE DOES NOT WANT IT AND KNOWS HIS OWN LIMITATIONS.

Oh but he trys hard and is a legend, so lets make him Manager.

Lordy turd on a robe. God help us.

• Haha 1

Bullen is a great stop gap and bridge between the squad and a new Manager and his backroom staff.  A safe pair of hands to keep preseason on track.

However, we should be trying our best to get a new man in place asap.  Preseason is not over and transfer window still open if we don't feel the right person is out of work then we need to formally approach someone who is in work and push this through.  These things can move extremely quick if both parties wish for it to do so.  

DC has had a few days to prepare, I'd like to think he's got a few irons in the fire.

There’s no guarantee Bullen will even want to do caretaker into the new season, no doubt he will stand in for tonight and maybe Germany but he’s made his feelings known to Chansiri before that the job long term is not for him 

Why people don’t believe it and constantly link him to the job is a bit baffling to be honest 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

There’s no guarantee Bullen will even want to do caretaker into the new season, no doubt he will stand in for tonight and maybe Germany but he’s made his feelings known to Chansiri before that the job long term is not for him 

Why people don’t believe it and constantly link him to the job is a bit baffling to be honest 

They love a trier.

No ambition or standards.

I call them hold us back fans.

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

They love a trier.

No ambition or standards.

I call them hold us back fans.

Surprised we haven’t had the ‘can Waddle  have a go’. Suggestions yet 

Bullen`s major role in all this will be to give the new manager the heads up on what positions we need to strengthen , tell him our current targets , then the new manager can decide whether to go ahead with those targets or go for someone he thinks may be better.

As for implementing a style of play , it cant be helped that the timing of all this stinks , so the sooner the new guy can come in the better , otherwise we risk treading water for ANOTHER 6 months.

Edited by sheriwozgod

6 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

The mind boggles. Shown no aptitude for the job whatsoever.

HE DOES NOT WANT IT AND KNOWS HIS OWN LIMITATIONS.

Oh but he trys hard and is a legend, so lets make him Manager.

Lordy turd on a robe. God help us.

Is anyone saying give him the job on a permanent basis though?  I don’t think so. I’d be happy  if he  was looking after the team temporarily until a permanent appointment is made. Rushing to get any old journeyman  in before the season starts is just bonkers.

Just now, oldowl67 said:

Is anyone saying give him the job on a permanent basis though?  I don’t think so. I’d be happy  if he  was looking after the team temporarily until a permanent appointment is made. Rushing to get any old journeyman  in before the season starts is just bonkers.

But that's stating the obvious. He's been used as a short term stop gap many times before.

No reason why he wouldn't be again. We don't progress during that period though and never have.

I trust our Chairman to be moving heaven and earth to get the RIGHT Manager in quickly.

The Pigs are in the Premier league.

All those advocating a nice little Bully tread water spell realise that right ?

Mind the gap ? They are laughing at us. We need to be progressing. Urgently. We don't like losing our City.