Leave it to bullen

Instead of panicking and getting a manager to implement his ideas so close to new season I think leave it to bullen he’s shown he’s capable I past. He also clearly worked with Bruce so has an idea of Bruce’s plans etc so surely bullen can put his own twist to it therefore not changing much so close to season anyway. I don’t see the rush and necessity to sign a manager so close to season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lomas613 said:

Instead of panicking and getting a manager to implement his ideas so close to new season I think leave it to bullen he’s shown he’s capable I past. He also clearly worked with Bruce so has an idea of Bruce’s plans etc so surely bullen can put his own twist to it therefore not changing much so close to season anyway. I don’t see the rush and necessity to sign a manager so close to season. 

Yeah because he did so well last time.... bully is a decent enough coach. That’s where it ends. 

Key is not rushing to sign anyone on that list, yep let bullen hold the ship until the right man is available.

I’m leaning towards this, because of the timing, a temporary appointment seems a better plan Most outside managers would not have time to properly assess the squad, before the window closes

5 minutes ago, owlmanc said:

Yeah because he did so well last time.... bully is a decent enough coach. That’s where it ends. 

He did pretty well this time around and arguably helped secure Westwood's new contract as he was the one who initially brought him back into the side.

The next manager will actually be permitted to speak to Bullen who can bring him upto speed with the squad. 

No need for Bullen to be in charge if we can make an appointment within a few days of the first game. 

2 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

He did pretty well this time around and arguably helped secure Westwood's new contract as he was the one who initially brought him back into the side.

Anyone of sound mind would of reinstated the likes of Westwood. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, debram said:

Key is not rushing to sign anyone on that list, yep let bullen hold the ship until the right man is available.

The thing is, apart from it being so close to the season it's not a bad time to be looking for a manager now as a lot will have left their last jobs at the end of last season. If the right man isn't available now, that presumably means gambling on a decent manager getting sacked in the first month of the season. So I don't see the logic in waiting.

7 minutes ago, oldowl67 said:

Much rather have  Bullen in charge temporarily until we find the right person rather than rush just to get anyone before the season starts. That betting list is scary.

How long are you willing to wait for the "right" person? I think the whole point is that the "right" person doesn't just come along and say "hey there" We have to go and get them.

We have 3 weeks till the start of the season.

Now is the time to get a new manager in while he still has a few weeks to work with the team and sign some of his own players.

The time to get a new manager is right now.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sova said:

The thing is, apart from it being so close to the season it's not a bad time to be looking for a manager now as a lot will have left their last jobs at the end of last season. If the right man isn't available now, that presumably means gambling on a decent manager getting sacked in the first month of the season. So I don't see the logic in waiting.

I just dont see anyone on that list who gives me optimism now that Hughton is a non runner, another wrong decision could have massive re percusions on and of the pitch.

• Like 1