Leave it to bullen

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Temp manager ok. Long term no 

What if, great start. Then move him back for a nother name out of the journey man hat.?

It's a lottery choosing the 'best' available.

Never know how it will turn out, that's why there are so many managers out of work.

The best in the world, whoever it is, will have been a gamble to start with.

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

What if, great start. Then move him back for a nother name out of the journey man hat.?

It's a lottery choosing the 'best' available.

Never know how it will turn out, that's why there are so many managers out of work.

The best in the world, whoever it is, will have been a gamble to start with.

By temp in this situation talking wo weeks. Think you need new boss in place so can at least have a look at players and make adjustments as required.

Otherwise yes its a lottery but some are more a risk than others. Zola has been a failure wherever he went he would be here I have no doubt his football not suitable for Championship and does not have know how to change style. 

Cowley brothers would find it easier than some English suspect know leagues and have shown hey adapt to leagues. Would be a risk.

Arteta if played same style at City we would struggle. You need different calibre of player to play this game. Would depend on how much he can compromise to adapt to conditions if he did not he would fail.

Foreign coach never set foot in country would take time to adapt high risk.

Somebody like Rowett not very exciting but you know what you get and if gelled with players could do well and I suspect quite quickly.

Therefore think you can way up risk with certain managers and in some cases mitigate risks but no certain winner.

1 hour ago, debram said:

Non of the top managers will touch us without a massive transfer kitty which we cant provide.

Correct, which is why we need a manager who can work with what we have, and can continue the project that we started

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

No disrespect to Bullen, I’m grateful for the job he does, but I really feel you could have picked anyone out the Kop and they would have got an immediate post-Jos reaction from the squad. Starting the season is a whole different task.

I agree to a point, it didn't take a genius to improve on Jos by starting Westwood and Hutchinson.

I do think Bullen get's unfairly written off as a no hoper though - mostly off the back of one defeat to Burton Albion.

He may not want the job full time, but is he any worse than Zola, Rowitt, McClaren etc?

I think it's a valid point, that we could take our time to decide on the right man. By that I don't mean do nothing for a month, but just go through a proper shortlisting and recruitment process ,while Bullen holds the fort

16 minutes ago, emersonthome said:

I agree to a point, it didn't take a genius to improve on Jos by starting Westwood and Hutchinson.

I do think Bullen get's unfairly written off as a no hoper though - mostly off the back of one defeat to Burton Albion.

He may not want the job full time, but is he any worse than Zola, Rowitt, McClaren etc?

I think it's a valid point, that we could take our time to decide on the right man. By that I don't mean do nothing for a month, but just go through a proper shortlisting and recruitment process ,while Bullen holds the fort

I can see your point about Burton. It definitely is a big influence, rightly or wrongly. I agree about McLaren etc too but then I’m not suggesting we go for those. I just don’t know what extra information we can get in a month that we can’t in a week. We need to make a good decision and that is entirely possible in a week or a month. We could arrive at the same decision after a month but will the job be as enticing having missed the opportunity to shape the squad. 

42 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I can see your point about Burton. It definitely is a big influence, rightly or wrongly. I agree about McLaren etc too but then I’m not suggesting we go for those. I just don’t know what extra information we can get in a month that we can’t in a week. We need to make a good decision and that is entirely possible in a week or a month. We could arrive at the same decision after a month but will the job be as enticing having missed the opportunity to shape the squad. 

If you start with a long list of every manager in world football then it could take significantly longer than a week. 

You'd need to sound out who's available, how much they'd cost, interview candidates, agree wages, transfer budget, compensation etc. 

In no other business would you appoint somebody with responsibility for a multi-million pound operation in a week

43 minutes ago, emersonthome said:

If you start with a long list of every manager in world football then it could take significantly longer than a week. 

You'd need to sound out who's available, how much they'd cost, interview candidates, agree wages, transfer budget, compensation etc. 

In no other business would you appoint somebody with responsibility for a multi-million pound operation in a week

You wouldn’t no, but this really isn’t like any other business. Time moves fast, assets depreciate quicker, all whilst other competitors are implementing plans and improving. In any other business would you procrastinate whilst leaving a clearly inadequate leader in charge when you know potentially catastrophic consequences lie straight ahead nine or ten months down the line. In this clearly hypothetical situation I think you’d act quickly and decisively, and there’s no reason why it is impossible for us to do that now. Bullen is not good enough.

Guest gizowl

The last thing we've got to do is panic into some decision just for the sake of it, if we're not 100% sure don't get wrangled up in any long term agreement .Bring one or two in to help Bullen out ,theirs plenty of good coaches out there better than Agnew and Clements .Stendel would be worth approaching via the right procedure and Monk on a 1yr rolling contract, but after that now Hughton has ruled himself out we 're struggling for viable options. 

Guest Ferkorf
8 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

Instead of panicking and getting a manager to implement his ideas so close to new season I think leave it to bullen he’s shown he’s capable I past. He also clearly worked with Bruce so has an idea of Bruce’s plans etc so surely bullen can put his own twist to it therefore not changing much so close to season anyway. I don’t see the rush and necessity to sign a manager so close to season. 

Absolutely not. We needed someone in last week.

Hes not anywhere near a manager  

5 hours ago, Hitcat said:

Free agent. GVB. In work, we've got 4m+ to go for someone, let's try our luck. 

A better shout than most others mentioned and would love it to happen with Loovens as assistant mannager/ coach.

Just don’t see it happening though..

8 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

Instead of panicking and getting a manager to implement his ideas so close to new season I think leave it to bullen he’s shown he’s capable I past. He also clearly worked with Bruce so has an idea of Bruce’s plans etc so surely bullen can put his own twist to it therefore not changing much so close to season anyway. I don’t see the rush and necessity to sign a manager so close to season. 

he doesn't really want to be the manager and not having a manager in place won't help with any other potential transfers in and out before the season starts.

It might also be an idea for the new manager to get his team and tactics sorted before the season starts.

31 minutes ago, Blatter said:

A better shout than most others mentioned and would love it to happen with Loovens as assistant mannager/ coach.

Just don’t see it happening though..

I dunno... Didn't Big Chans want AVB?

Incomprehensible to me. Of course we don't want Bullen as manager. He has nothing to recommend him at all. 

Well. Enthusiasm. "Knows the club".  Good grief. 

This is a serious appointment needing professional expertise. 

Yes he may need to fill in but that this is necessary shows that we have to crack on