Danny Cowley

11 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Yeah I must admit I don’t know much about what Potter did in Sweden other than knowing he got a team promoted up the ladder. 

I’d just rather we went after those with experience of our league or the one we want to get to. 

So personally would much prefer a Lampard or a Gerrard to a Cowley or a Potter. Tbh whoever we get in, as long as we win games I don’t care either way

Gerrard and Lampard both have jobs though (and can’t see a Carrick leaving Man Utd) so which big name player are we talking about? Assuming it’s an English player - Sol Campbell, John Terry, Ashley Cole, Wayne Rooney?

Or are we already looking at players who weren’t quite as good as them - Gareth Barry, Peter Crouch, Jermaine Defoe?

Would be a massive risk with any of them.

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

Speaking to a die hard Lincoln supporter after the game who knows the Cowley brothers he said they will stay with Lincoln until they get them to the Championship and will only leave to manage their hometown club West Ham  

4 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

This is what I mean though, you obviously don’t know how much people like potter are respected in the game, he went and begged for a job pretty much all over Europe, he wasn’t a big name so struggled, he eventually got the job at Östersund in Sweden, a division 4 side!!! Within 5 years they made it to the top division in his 6th year he got them i to the europa league before being picked out by Swansea ( to be fair it should have been a bigger club) Swansea were a mess when he got them but he left them with some great young prospects ( exactly how he worked in Sweden, building the club) most respected people I. The game have tipped him for the very top, but because he isn’t a world class ex footballer he had to work for years to get his chance, just like the cowleys are now.  

So yeah. Once again any manager is a risk, but I would rather take a risk on a hardworking manager who have proved there worth on a continual rising level than some ex player who we don’t know can do the job but just because he was a good player and is well known.

at least that’s my take on it  

I’d welcome Potter. Swansea are a train wreck at the moment (off pitch) and he’s kept them competitive despite having rig pulled out on him time after time. He’s had a bit of time in this league now and given a more balanced group I’m sure he’s do good things. 

1 hour ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Reeks of a Wilson or Jewell type appointment for me. These ones never work out for us. 

Agreed

I’ll be well p*ssed off if we gamble with another unproven championship manager. It has to be Hughton

6 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Gerrard and Lampard both have jobs though (and can’t see a Carrick leaving Man Utd) so which big name player are we talking about? Assuming it’s an English player - Sol Campbell, John Terry, Ashley Cole, Wayne Rooney?

Or are we already looking at players who weren’t quite as good as them - Gareth Barry, Peter Crouch, Jermaine Defoe?

Would be a massive risk with any of them.

Phil Neville.

Edited by Blue and white

10 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Sailed now mate he’s at Brighton and he will move on to bigger things to a bigger team prem or beyond imo

I don’t know what Potter did at Swansea to merit the Brighton job 

10 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Sailed now mate he’s at Brighton and he will move on to bigger things to a bigger team prem or beyond imo

I don’t know what Potter did at Swansea to merit the Brighton job 

14 hours ago, trev said:

These guys have had ridiculous success since becoming managers. Just look at their history from non-league to now.

I live in Lincoln and ive had various contacts in Lincoln City FC over the past few years, they have nothing but immense praise for the Cowleys.

They work incredibly hard and know the importance of being loved by the fans and getting a buzz about the club. The difference they have made since arriving  was unbelievable. They are worshipped in the City.

They are going up and up. 

Live near Lincoln and when the had the cup run he was interviewed just after on local radio. He was asked if the players were tired. Loved his answer which was why? They are professional footballers who are paid very well to play football they are fit they shouldn't be tired . None of this crap Wenger, Carlos et al used to come out with.

7 minutes ago, trev said:

If he says no?

I do find it slightly worrying that a lot of our fans seem to think

1 - Bruce will go

2. - we will get 5 million for Bruce move team

3 - that we are already speaking to replacements, with sufficient calibre

4. - that one of these will say yes 

It's just not the Wednesday way