Danny Cowley

Text a Lincoln mate the other day saying some of our fans want him/them. He said "taken them!". 

Apparently very ruthless and getting a bit big for their boots... But that probably means my mate has had a falling out with them! 

These guys have had ridiculous success since becoming managers. Just look at their history from non-league to now.

I live in Lincoln and ive had various contacts in Lincoln City FC over the past few years, they have nothing but immense praise for the Cowleys.

They work incredibly hard and know the importance of being loved by the fans and getting a buzz about the club. The difference they have made since arriving  was unbelievable. They are worshipped in the City.

They are going up and up. 

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, trev said:

These guys have had ridiculous success since becoming managers. Just look at their history from non-league to now.

I live in Lincoln and ive had various contacts in Lincoln City FC over the past few years, they have nothing but immense praise for the Cowleys.

They work incredibly hard and know the importance of being loved by the fans and getting a buzz about the club. The difference they have made since arriving  was unbelievable. They are worshipped in the City.

That may be the case, but the lower leagues and non-league aren't the same game as Premier League or Championship. I'd be concerned they have literally no experience of football in the top 2 divisions, either managing, coaching or playing. The money is different, players' egos are different, fans expectancy is different. 

There's not a massive difference in standard between bottom end of League 1 and some amateur sides in the non-league. That means you can be successful just by doing the basics right and being savvy with recruitment.

Too risky to me. 

5 minutes ago, trev said:

Uphill or downhill?

5 minutes ago, Grassy knoll said:

Funny how some of our fans have been slagging off Newcastle for trying to pinch our manager with only 3 weeks until the season starts but then think its ok to go and do the same to Lincoln or Barnsley,  Chris Hughton or Bullen for me

I’ve not seen many slagging Newcastle off for that tbf and I certainly haven’t been

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

That may be the case, but the lower leagues and non-league aren't the same game as Premier League or Championship. I'd be concerned they have literally no experience of football in the top 2 divisions, either managing, coaching or playing. The money is different, players' egos are different, fans expectancy is different. 

There's not a massive difference in standard between bottom end of League 1 and some amateur sides in the non-league. That means you can be successful just by doing the basics right and being savvy with recruitment.

Too risky to me. 

I see your point, but I just think they have that man management and motivational magic touch that players respond to.

If a player has an arrogance and attitude that means they won't play for a manager who hasn't played top flight football, maybe they are the type of players we don't need or want?