56 minutes ago, trev said:

I see your point, but I just think they have that man management and motivational magic touch that players respond to.

If a player has an arrogance and attitude that means they won't play for a manager who hasn't played top flight football, maybe they are the type of players we don't need or want?

It might work or it might not, but there is a tendency amongst players to respect people who've achieved things in the game more. Not sure that would be unique to us.

One of the good things about the Bruce appointment was that he has won promotion from this division 4 times, played at the highest level including captaining the biggest club and has good contacts within the game through being involved playing and managing in the top 2 divisions for the best part of 40 years.

We're going to lose all of that if he goes. Would rather us go for a name that attracts players to come. No more obscure foreign coaches or ones that are a bit of a punt

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, vulva said:

Top 3 in the Championship last season had 2 years worth of managerial experience at this level between them. Add into the mix Lampard, and the trend is changing.

Tired of the conveyor belt of failed managers. Hughton is 60 FFS. Cowley would be a really smart appointment. 

The common denominator was experience either at Chairman level or Managerial level.

Inexperience with both at the same time having just cashed in the last substantive asset we have is too bigger a risk IMO...

The biggest success of Bruce's likely short tenure has been his experience in all football matters.

37 minutes ago, vulva said:

Top 3 in the Championship last season had 2 years worth of managerial experience at this level between them. Add into the mix Lampard, and the trend is changing.

Tired of the conveyor belt of failed managers. Hughton is 60 FFS. Cowley would be a really smart appointment. 

That's being a bit selective though, Bielsa has managed teams at world cups and teams in the champions league at the top level in European countries, so think that outweighs the fact he had no championship experience. Wilder earned the right to manage at this level by bringing the pigs up from League 1, and it's probably easier to do it that way if you've never been at this level before than it would be if you're plucked out of obscurity by a top championship team where you're expected to hit the ground running. There's nothing on Farke's CV prior to Norwich that looks any different to Jos' CV but he was a total disaster, so that was a lucky gamble that payed off for them. Lampard played at the very highest level for nearly 20 years.

We don't need to go for the same old names but Cowley has nothing on his CV apart from playing for Romfrod, Boreham Wood and Concord Rangers, then impressively managing some non-league teams and getting Lincoln back to back promotions. Would rather us go down the route of appointing someone who is young and hungry but was a top player. There must be plenty of ex-Champions League players who are looking to get into management. Derby just appointed Phillip Cocu to replace Lampard so it's not unrealistic  

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

That's being a bit selective though, Bielsa has managed teams at world cups and teams in the champions league at the top level in European countries, so think that outweighs the fact he had no championship experience. Wilder earned the right to manage at this level by bringing the pigs up from League 1, and it's probably easier to do it that way if you've never been at this level before than it would be if you're plucked out of obscurity by a top championship team where you're expected to hit the ground running. There's nothing on Farke's CV prior to Norwich that looks any different to Jos' CV but he was a total disaster, so that was a lucky gamble that payed off for them. Lampard played at the very highest level for nearly 20 years.

We don't need to go for the same old names but Cowley has nothing on his CV apart from playing for Romfrod, Boreham Wood and Concord Rangers, then impressively managing some non-league teams and getting Lincoln back to back promotions. Would rather us go down the route of appointing someone who is young and hungry but was a top player. There must be plenty of ex-Champions League players who are looking to get into management. Derby just appointed Phillip Cocu to replace Lampard so it's not unrealistic  

Some good points, and the recently retired player is another route I like. Craig Bellamy, Carrick etc? Problem is, these lads have so much money, they don’t need to take a risk. 

1 hour ago, attyjake said:
  • Cowley brothers!

I'd rather have the CHUCKLE BROTHERS

:Sid:

Could be a problem with that.

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

Some good points, and the recently retired player is another route I like. Craig Bellamy, Carrick etc? Problem is, these lads have so much money, they don’t need to take a risk. 

Could ya say that about Lampard though 

Just now, Royal_D said:

Could ya say that about Lampard though 

Lampard is a one off. Will manage England one day. 

2 hours ago, 1867Heaven said:

Get what we can for Bruce and go get Cowley.....let him rebuild us properly

I mentioned the Cowley brothers when Dross was sacked. Those two have a massive future in the game . 

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Rogers said:

Need a bigger name these days, even in the Championship. 

DC won’t go for it 

The Pigs and Norwich didnt 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

The Pigs and Norwich didnt 

Wilder being a blade and Farke being involved with a club like Dortmund puts a different slant on it. IMO

the cowley brothers or tisdale are worth a punt on what they have achieved .....harry Catterick and wilko proved that a gamble can come off ......burtenshaw , Williams and countless others showed otherwise .......hows your luck chansiri ?

2 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

See this for me is a huge problem with football fans, what’s wrong with lower league and non league and maybe even non players working their way up? Does it mean because they didn’t play at the top levels they can’t be successful? Thinking only ex top players can manage is dinosaur talk. 

Quote a few on here slagging potter off too at Brighton, he will move on to much bigger things eventually too 

eddie Howe, Dean Smith, Sean Dyche and wilder all were lower league players and now they have all worked from bottom to the top. 

The cowleys will be one of the next to do it too imo 

• Like 1

I’m surprised a Championship club hasn’t taken a punt on the Cowley brothers already. I like them, if we do go for up and coming I would be happy with them here. 

Would rather them than another journey man foreign no mark like jos or Carlos 

• Disagree 1

Also mentioned this a couple of times last week. Progressive appointment, I could only support and applaud. 

I cant bare the thought of appointing one of the usual suspects off the managerial merry go round. 

• Agree 1

danny Wilson was an up and coming manager as was paul jewell both who had achieved more than the cowley brothers and they arnt fondly thought of ....maybe the cowleys would be different but it's a gamble . 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

danny Wilson was an up and coming manager as was paul jewell both who had achieved more than the cowley brothers and they arnt fondly thought of ....maybe the cowleys would be different but it's a gamble . 

Again though both were fairly decent well known players and had both only had success with one team prior to us 

the cowleys have had success from the bottom so far with I think if I’m right three different teams? 

Very similar to wilder and smith. 

Any new manager is a risk , but I would rather take a punt on a upcoming manager who stock is rising and trying to prove a point   

Edited by 2roland2
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I’m surprised a Championship club hasn’t taken a punt on the Cowley brothers already. I like them, if we do go for up and coming I would be happy with them here. 

They reportedly rejected an offer from Ipswich, before the Hurst appointment 

9 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Again though both were fairly decent well known players and had both only had success with one team prior to us 

the cowleys have had success from the bottom so far with I think if I’m right three different teams? 

Very similar to wilder and smith. 

Any new manager is a risk , but I would rather take a punt on a upcoming manager who stock is rising and trying to prove a point   

I wouldn't have problem with the cowleys or tisdale but  are they a better bet than the been round the block types like allardyce, , Holloway Pardew , pearson,hughton etc etc .......the gamble though is those ive mentioned have achieved the success we crave the cowleys and tisdale havnt ......it's a tough call for chansiri 

6 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I wouldn't have problem with the cowleys or tisdale but  are they a better bet than the been round the block types like allardyce, , Holloway Pardew , pearson,hughton etc etc .......the gamble though is those ive mentioned have achieved the success we crave the cowleys and tisdale havnt ......it's a tough call for chansiri 

No matter what some of our fans would say allardyce would get anyone out of this league so yes I would take him above anyone. We wont get him though. 

Holloway I like buthe had very little success in. Along career, pardew I can’t ever take seriously how he has had the jobs he has is beyond me. Hughton is obv a good call but I doubt we will get him either and Pearson probably burned his bridges with Chansiri with the Hirst scenario. 

It is  a very tough call for Chansiri your right but I just hope we don’t go down the route of another obscure manager, I think there are enough managers out there that are worth taking a risk on.

cowleys are one I also think jackett would do a good job but I still do t think he’s going to let bruce go.  

So he may still be here if he does t spit out his dummy 

• Disagree 1