Stocksbridge

24 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Seeing Keiren Lee back buzzing around like he does was the most encouraging thing by far 

Some of balls Harris was sending over in first half immediately made me think Jordan Rhodes territory aswell, got his flaws Rhodes but his movement and finishing in the 6yrd box can cause problems 

Was saying same during game if fletcher and Rhodes were on the end of some of Kadeems crosses today could have had a hat trick a piece

16 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Are ya branching out into humour this season OG  :biggrin:

No chance it's the root of all evil .....

You're barking up the wrong ........

I've turned over a new .........

lol

"I talk to the trees"

"But they wooden listen to me" ................

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Big praise to SPS. Lovely set up they have there. First time I’ve visited and was very impressed. These are the grassroots clubs the FA should be breaking its back to protect. 

That is a ridiculous saying Stocksbridge is as far from grassroots as we are Man City despite what the FA think. 

Stocksbridge, Parkgate, Maltby grassroots lol.

Dog and duck, yellow lion etc are grassroots get some money chucked at them.

35 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

That is a ridiculous saying Stocksbridge is as far from grassroots as we are Man City despite what the FA think. 

Don’t really know what your getting at there 

There should be more support for them all 

5 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Just to add ...  not saying Fox didn’t do well against the opposition on show , he did , but I just don’t feel the confidence he was in 1st gear like the rest of the team were 

There’s a huge lack of quality in my opinion 

There certainly is a lack of quality where Fox is concerned but luckily for us we'll have Odubajo, Palmer and probably Matt Penney all ahead of him.

2 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

Ok Mr Pedantic. SPS are two divisions below the conference, so you know what i'm driving at. Although not pub teams they are way down the pecking order. Was reading the programme notes from the chairman today who was outlining the serious cashflow problems that they and clubs like them have to deal with. 

It's great that SWFC visiting today will have swelled the coffers, as will having the U23's playing there this season. However it does seem wrong at a time when there is so much money in the game that small community clubs are struggling to keep their head above water. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Seeing Keiren Lee back buzzing around like he does was the most encouraging thing by far 

Some of balls Harris was sending over in first half immediately made me think Jordan Rhodes territory aswell, got his flaws Rhodes but his movement and finishing in the 6yrd box can cause problems 

Yes as he showed at lincoln, typical rhodes but you have to play to his strengths as he doesn't offer much in other areas.

Guest Grez Bez
6 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Ok Mr Pedantic. SPS are two divisions below the conference, so you know what i'm driving at. Although not pub teams they are way down the pecking order. Was reading the programme notes from the chairman today who was outlining the serious cashflow problems that they and clubs like them have to deal with. 

It's great that SWFC visiting today will have swelled the coffers, as will having the U23's playing there this season. However it does seem wrong at a time when there is so much money in the game that small community clubs are struggling to keep their head above water. 

Sign the 'saveg rass roots' petition which asks 5% of PL money to be reinvested in grassroots footy.

6 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Stocksbridge Park Steels are grass roots and more so over the last few years as funding from the local steelworks has disappeared.  

A couple of relegations has seen their stock reduced and correct about the cash flow.  This is why games like yesterday and the tie up with the under 23s are so important.  

They are NOT Salford or FC United or the other non league teams with large financial backing. 

Also have a Junior section for ages 5 to 18 that work hard to raise funds.  

Deffo Grass Roots. 

Guest The Horse

Best thing for me was Kieran Lee who ran the show for me.
Was hard to take any real info from the game though as it felt as though the whole team was just holding back and having fun really.
More of a local kick about to stretch the legs than anything serious.
Agree with the poster a few pages back about FF, he was definitely holding his talents back and was playing anywhere he fancied it seemed. Great to see him playing with a smile on his face though and his comedy bromance with Nihiu was evident for all to see.
To be honest the whole team seemd in good spirits with plenty of banter with the Steels players and laughs with each other. The off field stuff certainly didn't seem to be affecting the players one bit.

But Kirean Lee. Please please please for the love of god stay fit!!!!

Stocksbridge definitely are grass roots, because we probably advertised the friendly which hasn't been the case in previous seasons we took a fair few and that income will be great for Stocksbridge. I'm going to try and get to some of our under 23 games there and hopefully that will help them as well. 

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 19:33, ozzieowl said:

Me n lad went...

sps looked lively int warm up n thought may give us a game if well up for it but....

wasnt to be. Was a stroll int park for us. Didn’t need get out of 1st gear. Just played keep ball.

was too easy really. 

Players wise:

Dawson - had nothing to do, did spoon a kick out of play that was poor but that’s it

Baker - got down line and got some decent crosses in

Big Dom - absolute beast, didn’t need break his stride n strolled past players

JVA - did well, nice finish at end. 

Fox - disagree with earlier poster, did well, always made an option out wide n available. Didn’t need to bust a gut. 

Hutch - this guy is immense, always wants ball, pinged few inch perfect long balls, captain today n should be 

Lee - again immense player. Missed him. Movement, vision, quality.

Harris - can’t believe how small he is but well built lad, quick as sh!t. Could be good option for us. 

Nando - again disagree with earlier poster as he was nearly always available. Moved about all over. Just seemed to hold back a bit as not to rip pee out of them cos was far far superior. Just seemed to have fun n looked happy. Just what we need. 

Winnall - looked ok took goal well, tried few good runs but nothing major from him. Again no need do too much. 

Dave - sluggish first half. Missed simple header. Held ball up well second half. Don’t think wanted to bust a gut. 

Has a laugh with Nando and stayed last on pitch signing autographs n pics with kids, spoke well n very respectful.

was great to see the boys again and glad played a strong team.

well done to young lads that came on too as didn’t put a foot wrong. 

Was gutted then to hear SB interview to which obviously off once compo agreed. He was exactly what we needed n quite possibly upset our season. 

Two main points here.

Hutch was the best player on the pitch class going forward and winning the ball. Natural Leader and SHOULD be captain.

Another point id like to make was on van Aken, I know it was SPS but liked the look of him in midfield he looked so much more confident and comfortable there. Would like to explore this further as a possible back up to Hutch as CDM.

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 11:02, The Horse said:

Best thing for me was Kieran Lee who ran the show for me.
Was hard to take any real info from the game though as it felt as though the whole team was just holding back and having fun really.
More of a local kick about to stretch the legs than anything serious.
Agree with the poster a few pages back about FF, he was definitely holding his talents back and was playing anywhere he fancied it seemed. Great to see him playing with a smile on his face though and his comedy bromance with Nihiu was evident for all to see.
To be honest the whole team seemd in good spirits with plenty of banter with the Steels players and laughs with each other. The off field stuff certainly didn't seem to be affecting the players one bit.

But Kirean Lee. Please please please for the love of god stay fit!!!!

Seeing Kieron Lee on the pitch again is fantastic !!!

If he can get close to his level of 2 years ago it will be immense !