Stocksbridge

Hope Harris keeps it up and stays fit and injury free this season. He sounded promising, the way the Cardiff fans were disappointed to have let him go. Same with Moses and Brentford too. Moses and Harris could be very good parting gifts, and gems this season.

Edited by The Night-Owl

Reyt let’s talk some football

Nipped upto Stocksbridge today, thought it was an excellent run out to be honest , main points for me was Keiren Lee looked comfortable and more than put himself about which was a great sign, Iorfa is an absolute unit , and stand out performer Kadeem Harris who hugged the byline always looking to take his man on and was a constant outlet 

It’s hard to really judge against opposition like SPS, who to be fair put a decent account of themselves in but ....Fox rarely ever impresses me and continued not to today, looked stuck in 1st gear and while others could clearly step it up I never saw the same in Fox , situational awareness is gash and should’ve put a header in back of net towards end of first half 

Forestieri was pi55ing around half the time, tryna do too much but he did look sharp but hard to tell against this opposition,  big Atdhe should’ve had a hat trick , Winnall scored but didn’t do much else 

on the whole thought the boys looked decent,  Ash Baker could do with a decent loan down in League 1 or 2 see if he pushes on ... but undecided about him 

13 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Nipped upto Stocksbridge today, thought it was an excellent run out to be honest , main points for me was Keiren Lee looked comfortable and more than put himself about which was a great sign, Iorfa is an absolute unit , and stand out performer Kadeem Harris who hugged the byline always looking to take his man on and was a constant outlet 

It’s hard to really judge against opposition like SPS, who to be fair put a decent account of themselves in but ....Fox rarely ever impresses me and continued not to today, looked stuck in 1st gear and while others could clearly step it up I never saw the same in Fox , situational awareness is gash and should’ve put a header in back of net towards end of first half 

Forestieri was pi55ing around half the time, tryna do too much but he did look sharp but hard to tell against this opposition,  big Atdhe should’ve had a hat trick , Winnall scored but didn’t do much else 

on the whole thought the boys looked decent,  Ash Baker could do with a decent loan down in League 1 or 2 see if he pushes on ... but undecided about him 

Did Harris set any of the goals up? All the updates from game said he was stand out performer and keen to hear if end product matches his pace and trickery. 

Dawson didn't have much to do

Fox and Baker played well, especially supporting their wingers going forward. 

Iorfa and van Aken didn't have much to do but seemed fairly comfortable,  wouldn't like them together in a championship game though.

Harris was quality, should have shot a bit more.

Hutchinson was great even supporting the attack he looked class.

Lee was great, had a shot from about 25 yards out that went just past the post.

FF didn't look bothered one bit.

Nuhiu looked alright at first then had spells when you forgot he was playing. 

Winnall looked very lively, would be great him feeding off Fletcher in a proper game.

• Thanks 1

Me n lad went...

sps looked lively int warm up n thought may give us a game if well up for it but....

wasnt to be. Was a stroll int park for us. Didn’t need get out of 1st gear. Just played keep ball.

was too easy really. 

Players wise:

Dawson - had nothing to do, did spoon a kick out of play that was poor but that’s it

Baker - got down line and got some decent crosses in

Big Dom - absolute beast, didn’t need break his stride n strolled past players

JVA - did well, nice finish at end. 

Fox - disagree with earlier poster, did well, always made an option out wide n available. Didn’t need to bust a gut. 

Hutch - this guy is immense, always wants ball, pinged few inch perfect long balls, captain today n should be 

Lee - again immense player. Missed him. Movement, vision, quality.

Harris - can’t believe how small he is but well built lad, quick as sh!t. Could be good option for us. 

Nando - again disagree with earlier poster as he was nearly always available. Moved about all over. Just seemed to hold back a bit as not to rip pee out of them cos was far far superior. Just seemed to have fun n looked happy. Just what we need. 

Winnall - looked ok took goal well, tried few good runs but nothing major from him. Again no need do too much. 

Dave - sluggish first half. Missed simple header. Held ball up well second half. Don’t think wanted to bust a gut. 

Has a laugh with Nando and stayed last on pitch signing autographs n pics with kids, spoke well n very respectful.

was great to see the boys again and glad played a strong team.

well done to young lads that came on too as didn’t put a foot wrong. 

Was gutted then to hear SB interview to which obviously off once compo agreed. He was exactly what we needed n quite possibly upset our season. 

• Thanks 2

Just to add ...  not saying Fox didn’t do well against the opposition on show , he did , but I just don’t feel the confidence he was in 1st gear like the rest of the team were 

There’s a huge lack of quality in my opinion 

2 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Well, from what you've said, put Harris, Iorfa, FF & Lee into our Lincoln team & we're getting somewhere. Palmer or Penney for Fox any day of the week. UTO

Seeing Keiren Lee back buzzing around like he does was the most encouraging thing by far 

Some of balls Harris was sending over in first half immediately made me think Jordan Rhodes territory aswell, got his flaws Rhodes but his movement and finishing in the 6yrd box can cause problems