Blackburn to get their own back...

9 hours ago, torres said:

It really is an absolute disgrace that any club can charge this 

Correct. £40 to watch that level of football and in a dilapidated old ground (doesn’t matter if it’s Ewood Park or Hillsborough) is an absolute disgrace. 

Am I wrong to assume this is as much about how well we’re supported away from home than it is a revenge plot? 

I mean if we only took a coach load, charging their own fans £40 cheapest tickets be a bit of a disaster. But fact we are the biggest or if not one of the biggest away followings in the league means up your prices that game for a quick win financially. 

Just a thought.  

I know we like to joke that we're massive and all that, but we're not that big of a draw to warrant us being an A+ game are we? Same with leeds really. Both clubs fans are constantly told by others that we aren't famous anymore, we're not that big. Seems odd to me that us 2 are the teams that Blackburn see as the 2 biggest games for them this season. Not looked but do we play them on a significant date? That could explain it. 

It's cos we travel in numbers I know, be a shame if we only took up a handful of tickets. Big crowds don't get you any points, another fact we're told. So how about we don't go to this one and use it as a test of that theory? If we lose then we'll turn up the game after and we've only missed out on 1 games worth of points. If we win then it proves the theory has no basis so we may as well turn up to the next game as our being there has no effect either way. Its like a science test really. 

30 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I know we like to joke that we're massive and all that, but we're not that big of a draw to warrant us being an A+ game are we? Same with leeds really. Both clubs fans are constantly told by others that we aren't famous anymore, we're not that big. Seems odd to me that us 2 are the teams that Blackburn see as the 2 biggest games for them this season. Not looked but do we play them on a significant date? That could explain it. 

It's cos we travel in numbers I know, be a shame if we only took up a handful of tickets. Big crowds don't get you any points, another fact we're told. So how about we don't go to this one and use it as a test of that theory? If we lose then we'll turn up the game after and we've only missed out on 1 games worth of points. If we win then it proves the theory has no basis so we may as well turn up to the next game as our being there has no effect either way. Its like a science test really. 

Its most probably down to the fact that we both have a reputation for ripping away fans off. 

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

Am I wrong to assume this is as much about how well we’re supported away from home than it is a revenge plot? 

I mean if we only took a coach load, charging their own fans £40 cheapest tickets be a bit of a disaster. But fact we are the biggest or if not one of the biggest away followings in the league means up your prices that game for a quick win financially. 

Just a thought.  

I agree.

They know that they’ll still get around 3k coming even at these prices - Leeds will still take 5-6k 

No point putting £40 tickets on sale to Brentford - who would be lucky to take 500 if it was free 

• Thanks 1

Surely the away fans get to pay the same price as the home supporters cheapest ticket.

For example the away dudes at Hillsborough pay the same as we pay on the kop.

Therefore price for away fans at Blackburn should be at the £36 "Riverside" rate.

34.2.8 No Club shall charge higher admission prices for visiting supporters for accommodation that is ranked as comparable with or inferior to that used by supporters of the Home Club in the same or next highest ranked accommodation.  For the purposes of this Regulation, accommodation shall be allocated a ranking as indicated by the table below (where 1 represents the best available and 6 the lowest) having regard to the following criteria:

(a) Covered seating;

(b) Uncovered seating;

(c) Covered terracing;

(d) Uncovered terracing;

(e) Behind the touchline;

(f) Behind the goal line; and

(g) In the corners of the stadium (i.e. behind both the touchline and the goal line).

11 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Correct. £40 to watch that level of football and in a dilapidated old ground (doesn’t matter if it’s Ewood Park or Hillsborough) is an absolute disgrace. 

Agree with you.

But what the hell is that flag?

57 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

I could ask you the same question. 

Its the flag of the most successful union of nations the world has ever seen.