Pre Season Friendly Announced...

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Of the League and premier league team which ground has no one been to - is it the newer teams like Newport County or is there an established name in there.

We'll have played at the old Newport County but the new one is probably a separate entity and we haven't played them. Off the top of my head we've never played Fleetwood, Crawley, AFC Wimbledon or the reformed Accrington who've all been in the league for a few years now. Plus Forest Green and now Salford.

Nor have we played at the new grounds of Arsenal, West Ham, Spurs, and I personally haven't been to the new Southampton ground although we did play there in the FA Cup a few years ago. I've seen us play at the former grounds of all of those 4 though.

22 minutes ago, alanharper said:

We'll have played at the old Newport County but the new one is probably a separate entity and we haven't played them. Off the top of my head we've never played Fleetwood, Crawley, AFC Wimbledon or the reformed Accrington who've all been in the league for a few years now. Plus Forest Green and now Salford.

Nor have we played at the new grounds of Arsenal, West Ham, Spurs, and I personally haven't been to the new Southampton ground although we did play there in the FA Cup a few years ago. I've seen us play at the former grounds of all of those 4 though.

1964 was the last time we played Newport away.

Guessing not many on here made that one!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

1964 was the last time we played Newport away.

Guessing not many on here made that one!

More than the last time we played Accrington Stanley in 1892! Probably just Nev who remembers that one...

6 minutes ago, A12owl said:

You will have to wait till next season AH to visit above grounds. Hope don't get to any of the others anytime soon. :Sid:

I'm one of those weirdos hoping for Accrington, Fleetwood or Salford away in the EFL Cup first round! 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Of the League and premier league team which ground has no one been to - is it the newer teams like Newport County or is there an established name in there.

Cheltenham, Crawley, Forrest green, Newport, Salford and Fleetwood are the only current grounds I haven't visited.  

4 minutes ago, A12owl said:

On a Tuesday night ?

Not much choice in the league cup!

I really think they ought to have the first round on the Saturday before the league season starts, everybody's playing a friendly on that weekend anyway.

Not been to a preseason game for a while but like the look of Lincoln on the Saturday. For those that go pre season regularly is it likely to sell out? I'm a ST holder so hopefully it gets down to me

3 minutes ago, S26 Owl said:

Not been to a preseason game for a while but like the look of Lincoln on the Saturday. For those that go pre season regularly is it likely to sell out? I'm a ST holder so hopefully it gets down to me

I'm sure it was all ticket last season and we sold out. 

That was for a Friday night so demand will probably be greater this time. 

Watched a game at Sixfields a couple of years ago with a mate who is a cobblers fan. Tidy little ground. We lived out that way at the time (Banbury) and used to go to the cinema next to the ground. Coventry were sharing it and there fans would stand on the hill next to the stadium rather than pay to get in. 

Coventry fans have put up with some s**t in recent years haven't they. That's one club i have a lot of sympathy for. 

4 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

We won the last time I went to Northampton. 

Brian Hornsby with his brand new perm scored from two free kicks. 

Could be wrong as it was over 40 years ago now.

This is only league fixture I can find for us playing at Northampton in 70s. 

Sat 15 Jan 1977  Northampton............. 2-0        5,828   Paul Bradshaw, Rodger Wylde