Pre Season Friendly Announced...

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

I don't care about the 92 club, I only count grounds that I've seen Wednesday play on, whether they're still in the league or not (or were never in the league in a couple of cases). Rarely get to add new grounds these days obviously, unless we play them in cups or friendlies. Lincoln last year was a rare new one which took me to 109, but it looks like I won't be able to do Northampton so I'll have to wait until they're taken over by a billionaire and rise through the leagues. Or Wednesday get relegated again, whichever comes first...

If we're doing that way we ought to count those who have had 2 grounds like Derby and Middlesbrough. 

Wimbledon/Mk Dons have had 3 I've been too, Plough Lane, Hockey stadium and now stadium Mk. 

Must be well over a hundred counting that way for me. 

I don't care about the 92 club, I only count grounds that I've seen Wednesday play on, whether they're still in the league or not (or were never in the league in a couple of cases). Rarely get to add new grounds these days obviously, unless we play them in cups or friendlies. Lincoln last year was a rare new one which took me to 109, but it looks like I won't be able to do Northampton so I'll have to wait until they're taken over by a billionaire and rise through the leagues. Or Wednesday get relegated again, whichever comes first...

Yes I've done 82 League or ex League clubs at any of their grounds (2 or even 3 grounds  in Rotherhams case). Also done some non league, Scottish, European (both of em those were the days!!) and Wembley and Millennium.

I think I'm on 102 grounds altogether, all except Lens (which was with England Euro16) watching Wednesday.

As others have said the more you visit the harder it gets, I've done all the top 2 tier clubs (though not all the new grounds)  so only get to add them when we visit in Cups or friendlies.

Only Lincoln last season and hopefully Northampton this season been added in the last 3 years.

Was gutted I couldn't get a ticket for Shrewsbury the other year as I've never been there either.

13 minutes ago, bradowl said:

If we're doing that way we ought to count those who have had 2 grounds like Derby and Middlesbrough. 

Wimbledon/Mk Dons have had 3 I've been too, Plough Lane, Hockey stadium and now stadium Mk. 

Must be well over a hundred counting that way for me. 

Yeah, I absolutely count them, a different ground is a different ground. I only count two grounds for Wimbledon/MK as I never went to Plough Lane but saw us play Wimbledon at Selhurst Park but I already have that for seeing us play Palace so don't count it twice, but I went to the MK Hockey Stadium and the new one. Also seen us play Rotherham at Millmoor, the new one and Don Valley so that's a treble as well - also Hull at both their grounds and our only trip so far to New Wembley..

Yeah, I absolutely count them, a different ground is a different ground. I only count two grounds for Wimbledon/MK as I never went to Plough Lane but saw us play Wimbledon at Selhurst Park but I already have that for seeing us play Palace so don't count it twice, but I went to the MK Hockey Stadium and the new one. Also seen us play Rotherham at Millmoor, the new one and Don Valley so that's a treble as well - also Hull at both their grounds and our only trip so far to New Wembley..

Wembley should only count once. 

Im not see about the new White Hart Lane as its not exactly on the same land as the old one.

On 04/06/2019 at 13:38, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I did make a Stanley fixture a couple of season ago, just to chalk it off. 

I got chalked off once. Was yours expensive?

Funnily enough, she did wear kinky boots, which I hadn't asked for, but the chalk was the proper green stuff they used to use at the Crucible, so I just let her get on with it. 

11 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Wembley should only count once. 

Im not see about the new White Hart Lane as its not exactly on the same land as the old one.

Count it how you like. I count it twice because it's two different grounds. If your house gets demolished and you build a new home with a different design on the same land that doesn't make it the same house.

23 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Count it how you like. I count it twice because it's two different grounds. If your house gets demolished and you build a new home with a different design on the same land that doesn't make it the same house.

If you knock it down bit by bit and rebuild bit by bit so that eventually you have a completely new ground but built in stages, then using the same logic you should count, for example, Stamford Bridge 1970/80s and 2019 as two separate grounds. Indeed, you could argue that Hillsborough pre-1960s is a different ground to today.

But I agree, count them how you like.

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

I count seeing Wednesday at either Southampton ground for example, as having been to Southampton and not 2 different grounds. Having watched us play Palace, Charlton and Wimbledon at Selhurst Park, can I count it as 3 grounds?

4 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I count seeing Wednesday at either Southampton ground for example, as having been to Southampton and not 2 different grounds. Having watched us play Palace, Charlton and Wimbledon at Selhurst Park, can I count it as 3 grounds?

It really doesn't matter, you can apply whichever "rules" you like! I've seen us play at Selhurst Park against Palace and Wimbledon (I was one of the hardy 3,121 for a midweek PL game!) but I only count the ground once.

Personally I like to count the number of different "unique" grounds that I've seen Wednesday play on, which is 109 - but that only includes 88 different clubs (I know this because I have a list to keep track!). And a fair few of those clubs are now non-league but weren't when I saw us play there (e.g Torquay, Wrexham, and 2 different Chesterfield grounds) or were non-league then and still are now (e.g. Southport, Worksop). I've been to 81 of the current 92 league club's grounds watching us - although there are 4 clubs in the Premier League where I've only been to their old grounds and not their new ones.

Off top of my head here's clubs that's had more than one stadium, I've been to both grounds at most of em. 

Middlesbrough Yes

Southampton Y

Derby Y

Brighton Y

Scunthorpe Y

Rotherham Y

Doncaster Y

Chesterfield Y

Sunderland Y

Bolton Y

Man City Y

Arsenal X

Cardiff Y

Colchester Y

Coventry Y

Oxford X

Hull Y

Huddersfield Y

Leicester Y

West Ham X

Swansea Y

Stoke Y

Reading X

Shrewsbury X

Walsall ? X

38 grounds for 19 clubs. 

Edited by bradowl

I didn't start going to away games regularly until 1990, I'd only been to 4 before then (with 2 of them being FA Cup semis), but I'm still annoyed that I never actually went to the Baseball Ground. Closest I came was going for FA Cup quarter final tickets in 1993 only for them to sell out whilst I was still queueing.

5 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I didn't start going to away games regularly until 1990, I'd only been to 4 before then (with 2 of them being FA Cup semis), but I'm still annoyed that I never actually went to the Baseball Ground. Closest I came was going for FA Cup quarter final tickets in 1993 only for them to sell out whilst I was still queueing.

I was at that, cracking match!

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Off top of my head here's clubs that's had more than one stadium, I've been to both grounds at most of em. 

Middlesbrough Yes both

Southampton Y old

Derby Y both

Brighton Y new

Scunthorpe Y new

Rotherham Y all 3

Doncaster Y both

Chesterfield Y both 

Sunderland Y new

Bolton Y both

Man City Y both

Arsenal X old

Cardiff Y new 

Colchester Y new 

Coventry Y both 

Oxford X old 

Hull Y old 

Huddersfield Y new

Leicester Y both 

West Ham X old 

Swansea Y new 

Stoke Y new

Reading X new

Shrewsbury X x

Walsall ? X new

38 grounds for 19 clubs. 

For me that's just 24 clubs out of the 25 you've named (not sure where 19 came from) but it's 34 different grounds. 

I only  keep a list of the League (or ex league) clubs (82) but have counted the grounds and that's 102.

Interesting to see how different people keep their own tallies.

Edited by OWL1969

2 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

For me that's just 24 clubs out of the 25 you've named (not suse where 19 came from) but it's 34 different grounds. 

I only  keep a list of the League (or ex league) clubs (82) but have counted the grounds and that's 102.

Interesting to see how different people keep their own tallies.

19 Clubs playing at 2 different grounds and I've been to both grounds at each one. 

There's plenty of non league grounds I've seen us play at as well, some have not been in league (Alfreton) and some for a very long time like Southport and Darlington. 

Seen us a few times in Scotland, both Glasgow clubs, both Dundee clubs and Killmarnock.

32 minutes ago, bradowl said:

19 Clubs playing at 2 different grounds and I've been to both grounds at each one. 

There's plenty of non league grounds I've seen us play at as well, some have not been in league (Alfreton) and some for a very long time like Southport and Darlington. 

Seen us a few times in Scotland, both Glasgow clubs, both Dundee clubs and Killmarnock.

With you, it is funny that out of the 25 clubs you've named plus Wimbledon  (or Mk) you could go to 54 different grounds for only 26 clubs.

20 years since I could name every ground in the League, now with all the new grounds and promoted ex non league clubs (not to mention the annoying new silly names) I don't think I would be anywhere near now.

46 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Rotherham have had 3.