Pre Season Friendly Announced...

5 minutes ago, bradowl said:

This is only league fixture I can find for us playing at Northampton in 70s. 

Sat 15 Jan 1977  Northampton............. 2-0        5,828   Paul Bradshaw, Rodger Wylde

That must have been the game.

Told you my memory was going!

Must have fixated on Hornsby as I had just copied his perm!!

My birthday anawl.

Edited by lanzaroteowl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, S26 Owl said:

Not been to a preseason game for a while but like the look of Lincoln on the Saturday. For those that go pre season regularly is it likely to sell out? I'm a ST holder so hopefully it gets down to me

Might give this one a go as it's only 18 miles from where I live. Was in Aus for last years match.

anyone who goes can ask the locals how mcgugan got on when he was there, and if they would like another off our production line ie abdi. seriously though hopefully our pre season will be much better than the last few,with more games as we have had nowhere near enough this past 2-3 seasons. 

6 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

lincoln away ,tin hat time,police bill more than revenue taken,who picks these friendlies ffs

No trouble whatsoever last season, we was drinking with Lincoln fans before and after game.

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

WOW impressed I always think I'm doing OK on 80 odd but the number of fans who makes my figures look like small beer never ceases to amaze me.

I've been on 80 odd for ages but trouble is number is going down instead of up with all these clubs dropping out of league like Notts County, York City and Chessie. 

11 hours ago, nethertonowl said:

Fantastic another one ticked off , did the old ground but not the new one. 

Wait, what. I didn't realise they had a new ground! haha.

9 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Thought you would have been on many more than that.  Anyway I'm still counting them lol 

I have if you include all those that have dropped out of league, Darlington, Stockport, Wrexham, Notts County, Chesterfield, Yeovil and some more I've forgotten. :biggrin:

Edited by bradowl

10 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I have if you include all those that have dropped out of league, Darlington, Stockport, Wrexham, Notts County, Chesterfield, Yeovil and some more I've forgotten. :biggrin:

Definitely count them not your fault they dropped out and they were fully fledged league clubs when you visited them. 

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Definitely count them not your fault they dropped out and they were fully fledged league clubs when you visited them. 

I think they is a 92 Club that these grounds don't count once they have dropped out of the league. Also once they have reentered the league you have to visit them again for them to count. 
I count it if grounds are on https://www.footballgroundmap.com so you can include local non league grounds like Hallam FC and Sheffield FC.

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think they is a 92 Club that these grounds don't count once they have dropped out of the league. Also once they have reentered the league you have to visit them again for them to count. 
I count it if grounds are on https://www.footballgroundmap.com so you can include local non league grounds like Hallam FC and Sheffield FC.

I don't care about the 92 club, I only count grounds that I've seen Wednesday play on, whether they're still in the league or not (or were never in the league in a couple of cases). Rarely get to add new grounds these days obviously, unless we play them in cups or friendlies. Lincoln last year was a rare new one which took me to 109, but it looks like I won't be able to do Northampton so I'll have to wait until they're taken over by a billionaire and rise through the leagues. Or Wednesday get relegated again, whichever comes first...