Millwall Away

On 23/05/2019 at 11:32, Mickjj said:

So when do the fixtures come out so we can find out which Tuesday night we play Millwall away :biggrin:. Not played them on a Saturday since 2005. QPR is as bad it makes you wonder what the people at the EFL are on or is it just laziness.

Hoping for a few more KGX 23:33 > DON 01:24 away days next season :ghoulguy:

1 hour ago, PolarNigel said:

Hoping for a few more KGX 23:33 > DON 01:24 away days next season :ghoulguy:

Lucky You.1hr 45mins from KX-Don. 22.20 London St Pancras  to Sheffield ETA between 01.15pm and 1.45am depending on engineering work and also due to the train stopping at every station on the way.WTF::ghoulguy::wacko:

4 hours ago, Mickjj said:

lol a very popular train is that one.

Delivered some quality moments in the past, including QPR a few year ago (0-0) when one of the carriages had a complete power failure leaving everyone in the dark :Sid:

4 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Lucky You.1hr 45mins from KX-Don. 22.20 London St Pancras  to Sheffield ETA between 01.15pm and 1.45am depending on engineering work and also due to the train stopping at every station on the way.WTF::ghoulguy::wacko:

I’m lucky in the sense that I live half way between Sheff and Donny so have both at my disposal, but I’d choose Donny > London over Sheff > London every time. 30/40mins quicker and usually dirt cheap (£9.55 for that 23:33 train back)! 

21 hours ago, PolarNigel said:

Delivered some quality moments in the past, including QPR a few year ago (0-0) when one of the carriages had a complete power failure leaving everyone in the dark :Sid:

I’m lucky in the sense that I live half way between Sheff and Donny so have both at my disposal, but I’d choose Donny > London over Sheff > London every time. 30/40mins quicker and usually dirt cheap (£9.55 for that 23:33 train back)! 

Agreed.when ever i go to away matches down in London or the South East,my prefered choice is catch a Fast TPE Express to Donny,and then catch the LNER Service to London.As for EMT,it is an absolutely horrendous experence trying to get to London on a Sat with them,WTF:

On 29/05/2019 at 11:45, parkfieldowl14 said:

Dont use Sheffield for that reason better to drive the 30 mins to donny and cheaper than Midland mainline.

Just now, Harrysgame said:

Dont use Sheffield for that reason better to drive the 30 mins to donny and cheaper than Midland mainline.

that's what i've started doing now when i travel to London on Train for away games.Much,Much Quicker on LNER than EMT who are losing the Franchise in August thank god.:tango:

Usually we get 1,000 to 1,500 hardy souls travelling for a night match at Millwall  but with it being a Saturday in august I can see us possibly even selling out for an early season Saturday afternoon trip to London.

Would be great if we sold out the upper tier and had fans in the lower tier too which would be a first.

WAWAW

30 minutes ago, owl-zat said:

Usually we get 1,000 to 1,500 hardy souls travelling for a night match at Millwall  but with it being a Saturday in august I can see us possibly even selling out for an early season Saturday afternoon trip to London.

Would be great if we sold out the upper tier and had fans in the lower tier too which would be a first.

WAWAW

Perfect opportunity for me to tick that ground off.

1 hour ago, owl-zat said:

WAWAW

It's very unusual for them to open the lower tier for away fans, even if there's demand for it. Last season I think only Norwich got it, and maybe Everton in the FA Cup.

Bloody hell, must be 20 plus years since last went down there, no excuses now it's a Saturday. Good trip for me and my lad.

The football gods have been kind Saturday fixtures for all London clubs, unless Sky wee wee tail it up by moving one to a Friday etc.