The first signing - When will it be?

Is this one of those threads where people are pretending to be in the know? Randomly speculating without naming players for some reason. 

I haven’t had chance to read many threads the past few weeks so no idea if we’ve genuinely been linked with players and how realistic the possibility of them signing is.

9 hours ago, room0035 said:

As the title says when do people think our fist new signing will happen, we have been linked with a lot of players and more than a few have said they have all but signed with us the defender from Germany to mention. 

the last 3 season we have had

16/17 - 1st July

17/18 - 3rd July

18/19 - 16 Aug

The added difference this coming season and last the transfer window opened a lot earlier. 

Transfer window has opened earlier but I don’t see that having much effect this Summer. Most player’s contracts run to end of June

There may be  an agreement to sign an out of contract player before then but the official signing dates are usually first few days of July.

May be different if we pay a fee for a contracted player but negotiations often drag on even when the window is open.

I’m betting on first week July when they get back from the beach.

I think we've already signed Adubajo by the sounds of things. Just no announcement yet. Most likely in 2 weeks when players start coming back from their hols it'll be announced with new kit in hand.

2 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

The first signing will be done before the end of August. He will be male have 2 legs and 2 arms. All guaranteed in the pub by the Penguin. 

2 legs and 2 arms? That's an upgrade on some we've had recently. 

29 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

I think we've already signed Adubajo by the sounds of things. Just no announcement yet. Most likely in 2 weeks when players start coming back from their hols it'll be announced with new kit in hand.

New kits won't arrive until mid-September. At the earliest.