Have we sold our ground

3 hours ago, Tyto Alba said:

Selling the stadium is like selling your house to pay your gambling debts.  We have been very badly run and that is why we are in this situation.  FFP is there to protect clubs from owners who rack up large debts by gambling on promotion only to later walk away and leave the club with debts they can never repay.

How do you work thay out when DC is selling the ground to himself ? .

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

I thought we leased it from the council.

My home is leasehold, I'm pretty sure I can sell it any time I want.  Just like any other leasehold property in the country.

• Like 1

Guest mkowl
1 hour ago, mogbad said:

I thought we leased it from the council.

Its a really long leasehold interest IIRC - so can be sold as if it were your almost freehold asset 

Guest mkowl
58 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Not trawling through 70 pages.

Have we sold the ground or not?

the transfer rumour page is quite a lot of pages and we ain't recruited anyone yet

Guest The Claw

unlike the weeds scenario - he bought back the ground from a developer in Manchester and is now moaning about derby, us and probably villa before any rule change - just sad and feels duped by a guy in manchester

17 minutes ago, The Claw said:

unlike the weeds scenario - he bought back the ground from a developer in Manchester and is now moaning about derby, us and probably villa before any rule change - just sad and feels duped by a guy in manchester

Tell 'em to go into admin again.....thats all fair ain't it?

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

With FFP restrictions and the Premier League payments for those relegated (see attached) it’s no wonder clubs are exploiting loopholes and, in doing so, risking the lot.

00422CF0-A587-4209-ACB5-46F53ABC4C66.jpeg

Over £100M for getting relegated. How much are the parachute payments now, and what do you get for finishing mid-table in the Championship?

Guest mkowl
9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Over £100M for getting relegated. How much are the parachute payments now, and what do you get for finishing mid-table in the Championship?

Isn't it more next season for the basic monies with the updated deal. These get pre-announced ages in advance but I think it kicks off next year with those 3 full rounds of games on Amazon. Might finally get some worth out of the Amazon Prime subscription that costs me a fortune via the wifes shopping trips thereon

I know the big 6 wanted the international TV monies to be league place related not shared but not sure if that got through

28 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Isn't it more next season for the basic monies with the updated deal. These get pre-announced ages in advance but I think it kicks off next year with those 3 full rounds of games on Amazon. Might finally get some worth out of the Amazon Prime subscription that costs me a fortune via the wifes shopping trips thereon

I know the big 6 wanted the international TV monies to be league place related not shared but not sure if that got through

The Championship figures are fairly insignificant at the side of the PL. Stoke's parachute payments for example help big time though:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-city-championship-prize-money-2902109

3 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Not trawling through 70 pages.

Have we sold the ground or not?

Well I've trawler through 70 pages, albeit bit by bit over the best part of a week.

So if you're not prepared to trawl through  'em, then I'm not going to tell you.:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Guest mkowl
48 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Imagine..coming last in a race and sadly going up to the podium to collect yer measly 96 million English pounds...

It must be gutting!

It is if you have spent 100m getting there