Today’s Ref

The standard of some referees is really baffling. I sometimes wonder whether they have ever played , or are even interested in football. 

They are like car park attendants or health and safety executives indulging in their ultimate fantasy....being the person who must be obeyed at all times and never has to explain their decisions.

Just seen the sending off and I can see why it was red. No worse than the yellow the Rotherham player got though. That's what annoys me. The inconsistency. It doesn't even itself out at all. We've been on the end of some right shybo refs this season. Even the one against Norwich who helped us screwed us over in the end. 

We're cursed. 

Instead of introducing VAR they should have gone further and replaced human refs and linesmen with some sort of artificial intelligence. At least there’d be some chance of achieving consistency and less chance of corruption!

Edited by The Regulator

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

Just seen the sending off and I can see why it was red. No worse than the yellow the Rotherham player got though. That's what annoys me. The inconsistency. It doesn't even itself out at all. We've been on the end of some right shybo refs this season. Even the one against Norwich who helped us screwed us over in the end. 

We're cursed. 

Iorfa was completely out of control, off the ground *and* caught the player. It's the kind of tackle that can lead to serious injury (A similar tackle to the one that ruined Van Aken's ankle) so it was definitely a red. 

That aside, he was a bit gash.

12 minutes ago, Minton said:

Iorfa was completely out of control, off the ground *and* caught the player. It's the kind of tackle that can lead to serious injury (A similar tackle to the one that ruined Van Aken's ankle) so it was definitely a red. 

That aside, he was a bit gash.

Bit like the Rotherham player on FF then. And Dawson on FF. That's why I said it was a red. It was. But I've seen similar tackles only receive a yellow when it's for teams we're playing. 

The IPTV iFollow I watched was Preston's commentators and a couple of times the ref called fouls against us and the commentators sided with us saying it was no foul and the referee got it wrong, one example was when Matias used his body to roll their defender in the box and a foul was given against him.

The ref had zero control from the min they scored. As soon as that happened they started time wasting, throwings / free kicks / corners / goal kicks, all took an age and the ref did nothing. All the times their players went down as if they'd been shot, rolling around holding their leg/head/nob/whatever, then as soon as they got the decision got up and did their Lazuras impression.

Just takes the wee wee even more when you factored in all the time wasting/subs/goals etc and after all that there was 5mins extra time added. Then you look back on the Norwich game and realise just how bent that nobber was.

17 hours ago, swfc1983 said:

Probably just a poo ref, there are plenty in this league unfortunately. 25 miles North of Preston is the equivalent of a bloke from Leeds reffing us in which case we’d say we got nowt because he was from Leeds.

Not quite. Theres about 6 teams between us and Leeds. Preston is the local north lancs team.

• Thanks 1

Really think the Premier league should divert some funds from parachute payments to the referee association to build all leagues towards professional status and aid development.

the in consistency that annoys me watching the Norwich game last night, Andy Madley issues a yellow for a potential professional foul, last week it's a red in the blunts game, compare the two and last nights seems a much clearer decision.

If the Premier want to keep the reputation of the best league then we deserve the best officials all starts with grass routes and development in the lower leagues.

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Not sure I understand what you mean by this P/N ..Explain it for me please?

thanks in advance xx

Remember an officer trying to tell the OC where he was,

"Geographically embarrassed, over". 

21 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Not sure I understand what you mean by this P/N ..Explain it for me please?

thanks in advance xx

Ref catchment area. Carnforth based ref - nearest EFL would be Preston. Leeds based ref nearest EFL would be Leeds, then Bradford, Then Barnsley etc

Luv PNCIO

• Thanks 1