Centre halfs

Guest everydays_wednesday

Talking of Chelsea.....how would an emotionally charged loan for Gary Cahill be received to lead us back if we dont get Hec ?

12 hours ago, michael spowage said:

Who to replace hectoring if we don't sign him for next season promotion push,  not van aken for God's sake thorniley too young for me, think we need to sign a strong commanding defender 

I think that’s harsh on van Aken. He was brought to Hillsborough, thrown straight into the side, picked up an injury and was played with that injury until he broke down. We don’t yet know if he’s a good player because we haven’t yet seen a settled and fit version of him. He might turn out to be awful but equally, he might turn out to be great. Let’s see what he turns out to he before writing him off. 

Edited by shandypants

I think thorniley has been unlucky due to our current two centre backs form and their lack of injuries and his injury. I’d have no complaints if lees or hector got injured or suspended and thorniley had to come in 

I think he’s looked very good everything he played Infact he was only one of a few that came out of Jo’s era with any credit 

I would love to sign Hector. For me Thorniley and Lees will be competing for one place next year should we sign Hector. And I believe he will surpass Lees he's very good.

But a Center Half choice of Hector, Thorniley, Lees, A N Other would be good. RB Options of Iorfa and Palmer LB Options of Lazaar and Penney then the defence is looking decent next year.

2 hours ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Iorfa said himself he's a centre back forced to play at RB.

Iorfa isn't good on the ball or positional wise. He does however have an abundance of pace. So when he plays RB if he is caught out he is able to use his pace to get him out of it. Plus his pace is handy going forward.

I would not be comfortable with him playing CB.

22 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I would love to sign Hector. For me Thorniley and Lees will be competing for one place next year should we sign Hector. And I believe he will surpass Lees he's very good.

But a Center Half choice of Hector, Thorniley, Lees, A N Other would be good. RB Options of Iorfa and Palmer LB Options of Lazaar and Penney then the defence is looking decent next year.

I’d go with that 

get our squad fit and retain our loans and we have a very good squad 

release players like

abdi

boyd

jones 

pudil

lee ( hurts me to say it and if he did enough in Bruce’s eyes to get a new contract I’d be ok with that )

retain 

hooper

westwood

palmer

sign / reloan

hector

lazaar

aarons 

thats enough for me add  one or two of Bruce signings in and we’re good to hit the ground running 

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

I’d go with that 

get our squad fit and retain our loans and we have a very good squad 

release players like

abdi

boyd

jones 

pudil

lee ( hurts me to say it and if he did enough in Bruce’s eyes to get a new contract I’d be ok with that )

retain 

hooper

westwood

palmer

sign / reloan

hector

lazaar

aarons 

thats enough for me add  one or two of Bruce signings in and we’re good to hit the ground running 

Agree with most of this but id keep Lee and release Hooper

I'm not sure Thorniley could cut it week in, week out in a side that would be expected to challenge but you don't know for certain unless he gets the opportunity to do so. Van Aken physically is not up to the rigours of the championship whether he's a decent player or not. I would expect us to sign an experienced championship defender in the summer. I'd prefer this to be Hector but at the moment financially it'd probably be too much of a stretch?

7 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Agree with most of this but id keep Lee and release Hooper

I think hooper on form is our best player 

he was excellent today again he looks after the ball so well and his delicate one touch football really opens teams up 

I hope he doesn’t get injured again because I’d definitely retain him 

my gut feeling is his wages and the amount of strikers we have he might be released 

given the option I’d sell forestieri and keep  hooper 

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 19:27, fpowl said:

I think hooper on form is our best player 

he was excellent today again he looks after the ball so well and his delicate one touch football really opens teams up 

I hope he doesn’t get injured again because I’d definitely retain him 

my gut feeling is his wages and the amount of strikers we have he might be released 

given the option I’d sell forestieri and keep  hooper 

Agree he is brilliant. But he's been injured since we bought him. He has never been consistently fit is the wrong side of 30 we have shed loads of strikers and is on a pretty big wage. As good as he is can we afford to keep someone like that on ??

Lee has had this horrible injury that's done him for all this time but prior to this he is relatively injury free, not on as much money, plays a position were crying out for and if I'm correct is only turning 30 this year. Think there is more chance of us keeping him on.

I personally think Thorniley who has some very good potential may benefit from a full season in League 1 playing week in week out. He’s too good to be sat on our bench but I don’t think he’s yet ready to play a part in a team challenging for promotion.

Then we are left with Lees and Iorfa who can play centre half. I’m sure Hector will be a target and getting him would be idea. Then I’d like us to sign an experienced centre half who is going to be a back up. Someone like Curtis Davies who Bruce had at Hull is out of contract and on a 1 year deal as a squad player it could really work out. 

We know what Hooper and Lee offer, but given our position, can we afford to give them a new contract? Perhaps a club who can afford to take a gamble, will get lucky, and nick two very talented players, who have maybe, overcome their injuries. When fit, we’ve seen what a huge miss they’ve been, but given our recent history with injuries, can we take that chance

On 06/04/2019 at 08:42, everydays_wednesday said:

Talking of Chelsea.....how would an emotionally charged loan for Gary Cahill be received to lead us back if we dont get Hec ?

He said it himself that he rejected loan moves to Monaco, Juventus and Fulham this January. I'm sure he was holding out for us to come in for him in the summer. 

On 08/04/2019 at 12:26, Dutch McLovin said:

Agree he is brilliant. But he's been injured since we bought him. He has never been consistently fit is the wrong side of 30 we have shed loads of strikers and is on a pretty big wage. As good as he is can we afford to keep someone like that on ??

Lee has had this horrible injury that's done him for all this time but prior to this he is relatively injury free, not on as much money, plays a position were crying out for and if I'm correct is only turning 30 this year. Think there is more chance of us keeping him on.

Can’t agree more with this 

which Is why if Bruce resigns one or both I’d be happy with his judgment but if they get released I’ll understand and be slightly sentimentally gutted 

4 hours ago, fpowl said:

Can’t agree more with this 

which Is why if Bruce resigns one or both I’d be happy with his judgment but if they get released I’ll understand and be slightly sentimentally gutted 

What a difference a hyphen makes:ghoulguy:

• Haha 1