2 From 7 For Remaining Play Off Places.

1 hour ago, BRADDO said:

Pigs 3rd

Owls 6th

The Owls lose 2-1 at the Stain and win 3-1 in the 2nd leg. 

The Owls beat Villa in the play off final in the most remarkable promotion in our history.

Are you with me mate?

Nope, because if they finish 3rd and we finish 6th, how the feck does the first leg happen at the Stain? :blink:

4 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Nope, because if they finish 3rd and we finish 6th, how the feck does the first leg happen at the Stain? :blink:

There's always someone who wants to wee wee on my parade.

Can't I just have the same results even if we play at home first?

Is that seriously too much to ask after we have taken 31 pts from the last 16 matches and sit 3rd in the form table over that period? 

FFS

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

There's always someone who wants to wee wee on my parade.

Can't I just have the same results even if we play at home first?

Is that seriously too much to ask after we have taken 31 pts from the last 16 matches and sit 3rd in the form table over that period? 

FFS

Aye, you are welcome to that one.

garymegson

We have difficult games no doubt but on the other hand those teams won’t fancy playing us . Win our home games and pick up 6 or 7 points away especially if that includes beating Preston and I think we’ll do it. I think getting to the play offs may be the hardest part Bruce has a good record in them and as he says unless you win them you’ve failed it’s an attitude i like 

2 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

I think it’s very tough for us. We are playing 6 teams chasing promotion out of our last 8 games.

I fancy whoever gets 6th spot to actually go up, think whoever finishes 3rd place are going to be gutted, chasing automatic all season to then end up being in the play offs where as whoever finishes sixth will have have to have near pefect form going through April and will be buzzing they’ve got in ahead of so much competition. 

If you take a look at all fixtures though I wouldn't say any are easy, possibly Forest have the best looking.

There are a lot of fixtures between the teams around us so plenty of points are going to be dropped yet. 

3 hours ago, Andrew_Owl said:

If we didnt have loads of the top sides to play I'd be more confident. However you've got to look at it from all angles like if we beat villa and Bristol titties not only do we get the 3 points from them games we stop them from climbing the table gonna be interesting. 

Don’t worry.

Its the bottom sides that always trip us up 

Having just perused everyone else’s remaining fixtures if we win our key games I think we’ll do it and unfortunately we will need a few favours from the pigs, mind I think it would pee them off enormously if they went up and we trumped them by winning the play offs 

4 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

I think it’s very tough for us. We are playing 6 teams chasing promotion out of our last 8 games.

I fancy whoever gets 6th spot to actually go up, think whoever finishes 3rd place are going to be gutted, chasing automatic all season to then end up being in the play offs where as whoever finishes sixth will have have to have near pefect form going through April and will be buzzing they’ve got in ahead of so much competition. 

I agree a bit like Brighton the year we payed them in play offs when they were chasing top two all the way up to the last game and just fell short abs then we smashed them over two legs.

4 hours ago, Ash76 said:

On current form it's Villa and either us or Preston. Preston away could be some day

I'd say on current form it's Preston and either us or Villa. Preston's form since their New Year's Day loss to Rotherham has been phenomenal: P12 W8 D4 L0

Middlesbrough are awful and are there for the taking. I think Villa will get in the top six and one other. I think we will fall agonisingly short but what an effort this has been these last few weeks. Considering the key players we have been missing, it's been a brilliant run.

We might have sacked Jos earlier but we probably wouldn't have got Bruce in if we had done and I think it's worked out perfectly. His three signings have all been spot on (shame about Lazar's injury) and Iorfa is going to be a bit of a cult hero.

Next season - fit squad, bit of wheeling and dealing, and I fancy us for a top six finish.