Bruce - Play-offs

Play-Offs

It looks better than it did a month ago. No doubt at all we’ve given ourselves a squeak. Given ourselves a chance. There’s the difficulty.... we have to sustain it. That's the hardest part and there's no easy games in this division and you can't predict this division.  It’s important we give the supporters something to shout about of course. They seem to be enjoying it.  Can we go and win 6 out of the next 8? That's the question.  That’ll put the cat among the pigeons. So let’s go and have a crack at it. See what we can do. It might be a long shot. But it's there.  I won't predict because you can't. The biggest doing we’ve had was at Rotherham! 

So as you know, you can’t call it. You can't call games in this division. That's the Championship. We just have to sustain it (our run)  We’ve shown we can. But you can’t call it.  

We've lost one in fifteen there’s eight to go though. IT’s tough,  there’s no easy games and like I’ve said our hardest test has been Rotherham and they’re second bottom ,that’s this division.

image.png.615c5357065ba7724c2cac83fd471ed2.png

But..... we're doing well. So let’s enjoy it.  That’s my philosophy. When things are going well enjoy those moments. Enjoy it.

If we got there.... great. But you know, that's not success. Success, that's winning it. No one remembers the runners up. But like I said it's a long shot. 8 games left. Lets have a go. Let’s enjoy it

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

The Brucester wants it doesn't he. Can you imagine the utter meltdown if we sneak 6th and beat the pigs in the playoffs on our way to a glorious, impossible promotion. Unlikely I know but................. 

:Chansiri:   he did tell us....... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I like the cut of his jib. 

So do I Snoots, so do I. However, would it be impolite to point out that you said the same about Jos? Perhaps it was Stubbs who hacked your OT account or even laced your morning sherry. 

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

So do I Snoots, so do I. However, would it be impolite to point out that you said the same about Jos? Perhaps it was Stubbs who hacked your OT account or even laced your morning sherry. 

lol

Oh that's quite true.

When the 'tache first arrived and had the lads in doing double sessions and plenty of running and fitness work I very much did like what he was saying. Because I hadn't seen much running from them and was appalled that they were working 2 hour days before he turned up. Course he alienated everyone by the end.  But at the start, oh yes. I was delighted with what he was saying.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Oh that's quite true.

When the 'tache first arrived and had the lads in doing double sessions and plenty of running and fitness work I very much did like what he was saying. Because I hadn't seen much running from them and was appalled that they were working 2 hour days before he turned up. Course he alienated everyone by the end.  But at the start, oh yes. I was delighted with what he was saying.  

That's fair and to be fair to Jos he had auto promotion form at the back end of last season. He even got us into 6th this term. Then he had that utter meltdown for 10 games that turned us into relegation certainties. A bizarre turn of events. 

5 minutes ago, Womble Owl said:

If we don't go up this season, we'll win the league next, Mark my words. 

Now now, an air of caution. At the end of last season Jos had us in auto promotion form and blowing teams away. 

2 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

That's fair and to be fair to Jos he had auto promotion form at the back end of last season. He even got us into 6th this term. Then he had that utter meltdown for 10 games that turned us into relegation certainties. A bizarre turn of events. 

Oh we were sinking when he came. No danger. He saved that season.

Problem is we were sinking when he left too!

Indeed. Very bizarre events. More to come out eventually I'm sure.