• Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Nuhiu
    • Aarons
    • Winnall
    • Matias
    • Fox

1 minute ago, Barr Grylls said:

We all get carried away but Iorfa excellent!!!! Come on pal he was poor tonight, last 2 games his passing has been awful

Give me some latitude. On a high after another win in this great run. So maybe excellent overall was OTT.

His passing was poor yes. But his defending was excellent. Very powerful and pacy.

I do smile when I read posters saying he can go into midfield. His control is dodgy and his passing not great. Never a midfielder. Can be a very scary attacking full-back. 

Westwood 7 - Solid and did what he needed to do when they had their chances.

Iorfa 4 - Poor at passing and looks like he isn't on the same page as others or a footballer.  Just a big athlete with pace.

Lees 8 - Targeted by Bolton in the air but did well.

Hector 9 - Man mountain.  Won the lot in the air and on the ground.  A class above.

Palmer 8 - Solid as a rock against their best players but he can't use his left foot which causes him distribution issues.

Bannan 6.5 - Very poor early on and looked to have lost his touch and control but grew in confidence and dominated second half.

Hutchinson 7 - Sets the tone on a cold, dull Tuesday night.  Suddenly upped the tempo, got the crowd on side and we went on to dominate the chances after that.

Reach 6 - Didn't do much, poor crosses, went backwards all night but nice assist.

Aarons 9 - Man of the match.  Worked his socks off, wins aerial battles he shouldn't, great touch and skill, gets at players.  Great finish and a top performance.

Fletcher 7.5 - The man in form, never looked like missing.  Worked hard and nice link up play/

Nuhiu 4 - Nothing stuck on his foot, looked slow and not on it tonight.

Winnall 6 - Lively but rusty.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Westwood 7

Iorfa 7

Lees 7

Hector 8

Palmer 7

Hutchinson 7

Bannan 7

Reach 7

Aarons 7

Nuhiu 5

Fletcher 7

Winnall 7

Matias 6

Fox 6

A truly professional performance. Thought our wingers looked bright in the second half and Winnall did really well. Hope he can start instead of Nuhiu on Saturday.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Can’t believe some of the low scores for Iorfa in here. Watch Ameobi running at him in the last ten minutes and how he just bounces off big Dom who comes away with the ball. He’s fast, strong as an ox and has given us an extra dimension on set plays. I personally don’t give a crap if he occasionally gives the ball away or takes poor throw ins. He is everything you want in a DEFENDER!!

30 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Can’t believe some of the low scores for Iorfa in here. Watch Ameobi running at him in the last ten minutes and how he just bounces off big Dom who comes away with the ball. He’s fast, strong as an ox and has given us an extra dimension on set plays. I personally don’t give a crap if he occasionally gives the ball away or takes poor throw ins. He is everything you want in a DEFENDER!!

He looks very rusty,stays put when he should make a run,cant pass cant chuck a throw in,struggles with control........he can only get better

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, legendaryswan said:

He looks very rusty,stays put when he should make a run,cant pass cant chuck a throw in,struggles with control........he can only get better

I totally and utterly disagree. His DEFENDING is excellent. He rarely gets beaten and often makes up for positional sense problems with his pace. He has made some good forward runs too since he came in the side. What about his excellent run and through ball for Winnall’s disallowed goal at Derby? I’ll give you the throw in problem but on top of the fact that’s he’s got us two points from his goals as well, he’s doing pretty well in my book.

7 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

100% agree. He's not always the most assured on the ball but he is a big upgrade on Fox and will be a good signing for us.

Edited by roundhayowl

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, roundhayowl said:

100% agree. He's not always the most assured on the ball but he is a big upgrade on Fox and will be a good signing for us.

Glad some others are seeing sense mate!

8 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I think he is a bit rusty, bound to be after playing so little over last couple of years but Bruce knows what he brings and it is something we were lacking, pace and power.

He adds a lot to the team, compared to the alternative which would be Fox.

I saw the bit of play with Ameobi and loved it. For a second Ameobi thought he was away but big Dom, as Bruce calls him, was too fast and too strong for him. Got back goal side and came away with the ball.

Weird game. First 40 mins we were terrible and lucky not to be behind but once we scored we looked class for the majority of the second half.

Bannan played well second half and was one his better half of the season why cant he dictate like that all the time. Hector was brilliant again at the back. Westwood never shut up and Hutch was good again, one of the better players first half.

But I went for Aarons, looked so confident second half took his goal well caused them all sorts of problems and has a trick or two.