Liam Palmer

Could we see Nuhiu get a run of games now if Fletcher is injured?

Could he repeat what he did last season and score a few goals.?

No contract to play for this time.!!!

Players will play better if you play them week in week out and give them the confidence to know there place if safe.

They try to hard to impress otherwise.

Look at Matias, Run of games, one of our best performers. Every bit part game he has, he trys to hard to impress and is terrible. 

Palmer and Nuhiu playing well if nothing to do with impressing because there contracts are up.

Don't believe me look at the performances of Boyd. Now he will be on a cracking wage. One he will not be getting anywhere else.

So what's his excuse for not pulling up trees. Simple, the ability he once had, he hasn't got anymore. So is incapable of reaching the levels Palmer and Nuhiu did.

Edited by pazowl55

Palmer's doing well ATM and his confidence is sky high, the worst thing that could happen now would be a Scotland call up, it would destroy his confidence to be hanging around perennial losers such as the Scotland International side and setup..

• Haha 4

Palmer will never be good enough. For years we have seen him jogging back from an attacking position....no desire to return to his defensive duties (at least Hunt would bust a gut to get back). His positional awareness is woeful, it's only a matter of time before he returns to his true form as the opposition will target him and Fox as the weak links.  Iorfa will make the right back spot his own

1 hour ago, megsonstheman said:

Palmer will never be good enough. For years we have seen him jogging back from an attacking position....no desire to return to his defensive duties (at least Hunt would bust a gut to get back). His positional awareness is woeful, it's only a matter of time before he returns to his true form as the opposition will target him and Fox as the weak links.  Iorfa will make the right back spot his own

The stuff that Palmer is doing now. Is stuff he didn't do in the past. Like you say.

But he won't lose that once he has learnt it. It's not like a yard of pace.

Palmer will go from strength to strength now.

5 hours ago, dani_armo said:

cant complain with his recent performances but hes been here years and has never been good enough, still a bit undecided about a new contract.....see how he goes over the next 10 games

3 hours ago, megsonstheman said:

Player of the year 2014 fact !

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Minton said:

I'd get him signed up as backup for Iorfa. Bearing in mind Iorfa has already got twice as many goals (2) for SWFC than Palmer has in 260 appearances

Is it a priority that our full backs must score goals then.?

1 hour ago, Minton said:

I'd get him signed up as backup for Iorfa. Bearing in mind Iorfa has already got twice as many goals (2) for SWFC than Palmer has in 260 appearances

Yes...that's the main currency by which full backs should be judged...not positional play or defensive ability...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Minton said:

We use palmer as the last man back from set pieces. Hardly going to get the chances Iorfa gets.

On 09/03/2019 at 23:02, dowls said:

Playing excellently .. my main concern is it’s linked to him earning a new contract more than it is him finding a new level.. and once he gets that contract he’ll return to the other level.

Can see where you are coming from .. its all relative though .. i believe that even Nuhiu would be performing under Bruce

Things changed under Luhukay .. I'm not sure why, or whether there was an ulterior factor deciding Jos's change from consistent team selections and 352 formation to chopping and changing every week but i reckon Bruce, confidence, the knowledge and experience of this league, stable formations and tactics are seeing players thrive and Palmer being one of them

But lets be fair, many knew that there was a player in Liam Palmer .. i think its just getting him to be more focussed and being more intelligent on the pitch .. we are seeing that right now and he looks quality since Bruce has come in

15 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Player of the year 2014 fact !

He didn't have much competition to be fair!

When Helan and Nuhiu are pretty much ever present that season, in which we finished 16th in the Championship with 13 wins in 46 games, it's not something I'd boast about.

His form since Jos left, however, has been exceptional and he is rightly getting the plaudits for that. Hope he carries it on, and I'm sure Bruce will make the right decision whether or not to renew his contract. Personally, I would. He's "one of our own", he's still at a good age, and he's capable of playing a number of positions when needed.

never really go the constant criticism of Palmer to be honest. In our dark days, he was never the problem but was often used as the scapegoat.

Is he up with the best full backs in the division? No. But he's certainly not the worst. He's very rarely injured. He is a model pro. He'll never be the sulky mardy, lazy tvvat that we have employed over the years.

We've had a hell of a lot worse, on much more money

Edited by General_Grievous