Liam Palmer

I hold my hands up, I wrote him off a couple of years ago, but he's proven me wrong and turned into one of our most reliable players of late.

Aside from that one slip he had another solid game today and looks incredibly confident on the ball playing those little triangles with Bannan and Aarons. Playing on the wrong side too. He still needs to add goals to his game but he seems to be getting into more attacking areas at least, while still rarely ever being out of position at the back. Keep it up Liam.

Guest Ash76

Always been a player in there, steady career progression and now in his peak years. Fitter and stronger than ever too, hope we don’t lose him

8 hours ago, Dan™ said:

I hold my hands up, I wrote him off a couple of years ago, but he's proven me wrong and turned into one of our most reliable players of late.

Aside from that one slip he had another solid game today and looks incredibly confident on the ball playing those little triangles with Bannan and Aarons. Playing on the wrong side too. He still needs to add goals to his game but he seems to be getting into more attacking areas at least, while still rarely ever being out of position at the back. Keep it up Liam.

Same here. I've been a critic up until the last couple of months but fair play he's hit a good run of form and long may it continue. Jury still out as to if he's the guy to push us on to the next level but again, hope he proves me wrong.

10 hours ago, dowls said:

Playing excellently .. my main concern is it’s linked to him earning a new contract more than it is him finding a new level.. and once he gets that contract he’ll return to the other level.

Or Bruce has seen Palmers strengths and is guiding and using him correctly.

also playing in the team on a weekly basis will be helping, before he would play one week and be dropped the next week. 

Will be up there for player of the season for me. 

11 hours ago, Dan™ said:

Along with Westwood , he needs to be given a new contract. 

It's amazing how fringe players suddenly seem much better when they get to play more.

:duntmatter:

It's almost as if playing in the odd game, and bit part from the bench, makes it harder to reach a level of form and consistency....

But we'll carry on slating them when they don't get game time, and accuse them of just playing for a contract when they do.

Wasn't Palmer a key member of Grey's record breaking defence?

11 hours ago, dowls said:

Playing excellently .. my main concern is it’s linked to him earning a new contract more than it is him finding a new level.. and once he gets that contract he’ll return to the other level.

There are a lot of players where that would be a genuine concern.  I doubt that Palmer is one of them.  

For nearly a decade, whether he's playing well or not, his effort and commitment have never been in question.  

He's picked up no end ever since i cut him a key. 

He's a reyt top lad, quiet and unassuming which led to reflective perfornances sometimes but i blame the old management.

SB and everybody have obviously put an arm around him and helped him believe in himself. 

I've been that chuffed with him lately i might even give him discount next time he comes in. 

• Haha 3

He's 2/3rds of a a great player.

Defensive 1/3rd he's solid and does the job competently 

Middle 1/3rd he links up well and moves the ball forward

Final 1/3rd is his weakness.  Usually making the wrong decision or failing to find a Wednesday player with his final ball.

Deserves a new contract as back up but we need better for next season 

13 hours ago, dowls said:

you'd think with what's happened with nuhiu that people would understand your 'concerns' however I do wonder with the 'negs' you've received if they have short term memories, players DO play for contracts, like it or not.

13 hours ago, Dan™ said:

5 hours ago, JOCOWl said:

Same here. I've been a critic up until the last couple of months but fair play he's hit a good run of form and long may it continue. Jury still out as to if he's the guy to push us on to the next level but again, hope he proves me wrong.

2 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

He's 2/3rds of a a great player.

Defensive 1/3rd he's solid and does the job competently 

Middle 1/3rd he links up well and moves the ball forward

Final 1/3rd is his weakness.  Usually making the wrong decision or failing to find a Wednesday player with his final ball.

Deserves a new contract as back up but we need better for next season 

I too didn't believe he was good enough, BUT under bruce there has been a fantastic upturn in his form and play, he may well still have room for further improvement, lets hope so.

perhaps when we've more attacking forwards up top 'finding a wednesday player' in an attacking position will be an easier task.

there was room for improvement, and he's stepped up to the mark, WELL DONE LIAM PALMER, carry on the great work.

10 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

you'd think with what's happened with nuhiu that people would understand your 'concerns' however I do wonder with the 'negs' you've received if they have short term memories, players DO play for contracts, like it or not.

so sham 67 having negged my post, you either believe that nuhiu wasn't playing for a new contract at the end of last season, or that in general players don't do that, which is it?