Bruce Press conference - Bullet points

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Noticable that the hacks had got their happy voices on today.

He's clearly won them over too.  Not that that should matter.

If thats what Doom sounds like when he`s chipper , I hope the samaritans have been pre warned.:ohmy:

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think Bruce is quite good with PR.

Knows how to be honest, no BS but also knows how to every now and then butter up fans by saying how great they are.

We're a very easy fanbase to get on side. Just tell us how great we are and we're anyone's lol 

• Haha 1

Can’t deny that buttering up the fans is a big part of the job but I think in Bruce’s case the Wembley experience must have had an impact on him.

To be the manager of the winning side with a poor turn out of support and compare that to the masses that were there to support the losers is bound to influence you when you’re offered the job of managing that very same team.

You have to be saying to yourself, what if ...?

4 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Can’t deny that buttering up the fans is a big part of the job but I think in Bruce’s case the Wembley experience must have had an impact on him.

To be the manager of the winning side with a poor turn out of support and compare that to the masses that were there to support the losers is bound to influence you when you’re offered the job of managing that very same team.

You have to be saying to yourself, what if ...?

He clearly saw our potential that day. When DC came calling he must have thought he can push us on to a different level. Given time I think he will. 

48 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

We're a very easy fanbase to get on side. Just tell us how great we are and we're anyone's lol 

Unfortunately, it also works the other way. WE have a very fickle fan base who, while constant and always there, can turn on our own side , or certain parts of it, with consumate ease.

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

A manager who says it how it is and knows what he is talking about. 

Agreed and i also think Bruce will be able to steer DC in the right direction regarding how the clubs run. Even though DC is the man in charge a big character like Bruce could have a huge influence on the whole culture of this club.

“We’ve been in the top 6 for form , we have to carry on that for two months“

I really like what he is saying here.

We don’t have to be World-beaters. We have to be in the top six for form for 11games. If we can do that we will go very very close. Especially with a draw or win tomorrow, and a win at home to Bristol City.

2 hours ago, BRADDO said:

He clearly saw our potential that day. When DC came calling he must have thought he can push us on to a different level. Given time I think he will. 

His Jack Charlton moment.

Big Jack said that it was sitting in the stand and seeing our level of support that persuaded him to.take the job and the rest as they say is history.

3 hours ago, darra said:

His Jack Charlton moment.

Big Jack said that it was sitting in the stand and seeing our level of support that persuaded him to.take the job and the rest as they say is history.

Let's hope history repeats itself mate and given time, Big Steve takes us to a glorious promotion. 

Guest LittleG
6 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Unfortunately, it also works the other way. WE have a very fickle fan base who, while constant and always there, can turn on our own side , or certain parts of it, with consumate ease.

Like fans of most football clubs

There are some good players available on free transfers this summer.

I'm wondering though who will he look to bring in as the experienced CB? Gary Cahill and Wes Morgan are available but surely they're on too much money and in Morgan's case, past it?

Or Timm Klose from Norwich?