Tom Lees

What a great performance from Tom Lees last night.

Sharp's match stats make very interesting reading.  He virtually made no contribution to the game, hardly a completed pass.

Tom Lees suffered under Luhukay's so-called 'management' and constant defensive formation/personnel changes but last night we saw what an excellent Championship Centre Back he is.

• Like 3

Agree.

Never understood all the stick Less got first half of the season. 

Sometimes you’ve got to look at the bigger picture. 

It was clear to me the problem was due to constantly changing the back 4 every  week.

He’s a quality Centre Back at this level.

I’m a Lees fanboy. 

Committed bloke. 

We are lucky to have him. 

Defending is in his blood. Hector was the colossus style defender last night, but Lees sure keeps it together. 

Made an incredible defensive header last night from their set piece in the first half. 

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

Sharp's match stats make very interesting reading.  He virtually made no contribution to the game, hardly a completed pass.

Tom Lees suffered under Luhukay's so-called 'management' and constant defensive formation/personnel changes but last night we saw what an excellent Championship Centre Back he is.

Back to his best recently .was never suited to jos playing out back rubbish

Guest addedtime
1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

Agree.

Never understood all the stick Less got first half of the season. 

Sometimes you’ve got to look at the bigger picture. 

It was clear to me the problem was due to constantly changing the back 4 every  week.

He’s a quality Centre Back at this level.

Hindsight is amazing.

He went about his business without fuss

He took a few knocks from that cheating diving sod, Sharp, but just got up and got on with it

I voted him MOM in the other thread, he was a colossus

To the idiots throwing a coin and a bottle on to the pitch, I hope you get caught and banned, we don't need morons like you

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I recall a number of posts being highly critical of Tom Lees pre-Christmas and of course Luhukay unfairly and stupidly dropped him for a game which will certainly not have helped his confidence.

It is amazing just how quickly he has returned to being a real class act for us.

2 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Hi Tom

Great game last night mate

lol

• Haha 1

I don't think any sane Wednesday fan questioned his ability.  It was the relentless chopping and changing combined with asking him to be a ball playing CH that affected his form.

A solid partner in Hector plus Westwood and Hutch obviously helps.  But, Lees is a very solid Championship CH who does the basics of defending extremely well.  He is limited when he has time on the ball and sometimes struggles against a bigger, physical striker (Smith at Rotherham for example).  However, Bruce quickly identified how to set us up defensively and Lees is a key component in that.

He’s back to what he does best, defending and keeping it simple. Previous managers had him receiving the ball at the back and effectively being a playmaker, not his game!

We’ve cut out the backwards/side ways passing and they all look better for it. 

Funny how, iwth very few additions, the same men who were sufferijgvunder Jos are now playing their hearts out for Bruce. Obviously a different regime, but that can't be the only factor, and some of the blame must rest with th eplayers themselves. However, let's forget the blame games. They are past. Let's look forward.

At elast we appear to have new acquisitions in Sam, Tom, Liam , and Fletcher, who are all playing like different men.